UPP is seeking for a full time collaborator based in its Iraqi office.
Location: Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, in the North of Iraq.
Position: Programs director, Iraq.
Deadline for CVs submission: 31_8_2013
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the continuation and further development of the main programs carried out by UPP in cooperation with its local partners in the field of human rights, humanitarian emergency, GBV and Child Protection, protection of minorities and promotion of culture, youth rights, peace building and civil society empowerment. (For an overview about UPP initiatives visit www.unponteper.it) .
- Representing UPP among international agencies and working groups concerning projects and programs carried out by the organization in Iraq.
- Ensuring the continuation and the development of the relationship with local partners in Iraq, with special emphasis on the value of local actors as well as the active role of civil society organizations in the definition of the actions’ priorities.
- Covering the role of project manager in a EU funded project to empower youth of minorities in the North of Iraq, lasting three years.
- Designing and submitting new project proposals based on the priorities identified in collaboration with local partners.
- Contributing to the submission of new project proposals and research of new donors.
- Contributing to the constant capacity building process of local personnel.
- Ensuring a correct and accurate administrative management of the office in Erbil in coordination with local administrative personnel and the HQ administrative office in Rome.
- Ensuring the correct integration of UPP volunteers in the context of ongoing activities and programs.
- Ensuring correct reporting to the donors and the HQ.
Competences, skills and essential requirements:
- At least five years experience in the management of international cooperation programs.
- In depth and direct knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
- Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting actions.
- Excellent knowledge of the guidelines set out by main donors (MAE, EU, UN etc.)
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Excellent command of the English and Italian language.
- Proven experience in accountancy and administrative management aspects.
- Proven experience in HR management.
- Proven experience in dealing with International donors and institutions.
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives.
- Preferable experiences carried out in the framework of voluntary service and international solidarity.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Good analysis capacity.
- Capacity to work autonomously.
- Proactive attitude.
- Good working group spirit.
- Sharing the organization’s values.
- Academic studies (preferably graduation/master degree) in the field of international cooperation, project planning, international solidarity, human rights, gender related studies.
- Experience in the field of capacity building activities involving local civil society organizations with a special focus on Human Rights, minority rights and youth empowerment and Emergency contexts.
- Knowledge of the Kurdish and Arabic Language.
Job Location: Erbil with travels in the Region
Duration: Three years, the contract commencement is forecast in mid September 2013
Deadline: Cvs and cover letters should be submitted not later than August 2013, the 31st at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org , subject to the e-mail should be: CV Erbil.
We thank in advance all the candidates submitting CVs and cover letters; all the received CVs will be examined and archived in our database.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.