LOCATION: Bhamo – Kachin State; MYANMAR
DURATA: 6 months (renewable)
SCADENZA VACANCY: 31/07/2014
- Master in engineering, economy or environment-related fields, or equivalent working experience in related fields
- Minimum three years of management experience in WASH and Shelters projects in developing countries in rural areas
- Experience in conducting/managing assessments, KAP surveys, baselines and other field researches, including project development, and strong reporting skills.
- Experience in Emergency response and ECHO funded project in particular
- Demonstrated experience in budget control and financial monitoring, as well as in applying standard admin, personnel, procurement policies and procedures
- Demonstrated communication skills with ability to work closely with staff, local partners, government structures and beneficiaries
- Fluency English – written and spoken
- Proficiency in standard computer applications.
- Experience in Myanmar and/or Southeast Asia
- Experience in implementing community-based interventions, and in working with vulnerable
- communities, and exposure to participatory approaches
- Experience in supervising multi-cultural staff and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Experience in using standard M&E tools and practices
In 2012 Cesvi celebrated the tenth anniversary in Myanmar.
Main focus of Cesvi’s interventions is Community Empowerment with integrated actions on Health,
Livelihood, Wash and Environment. Cesvi’s volume of activities and operational capacity in Myanmar
have been increasing in the last years, now reaching around 500.000 beneficiaries with a team of
more than 240 staff. Cesvi is currently working in two States (Northern Shan and Kachin) and four
Regions (Magway, Sagaing, Mandalay and Yangon) with a total of 23 Townships and more than 1.000
villages covered. CESVI is operating from a main Country Office in Yangon, Area Offices in
PyinOoLwin and Magway and Field Offices in almost every Township.
In 2013 Cesvi started a collaboration with ECHO in order to improve access to health and WASH
services for IDPs living in Kachin State. This year the intervention will focus on WASH and
shelters. This action falls under CESVI’s WASH and Environment Country program.
The collaboration will start in July 2014. It will last 12 months, with an initial contract of 6
months renewable based on performance.
The incumbent will based in Bhamo with regular monitoring and supervision visits to the camps, and
travels to the coordination office in Yangon (about the 20% of her/his time).
The PM will be responsible for:
- detailed planning and coordination of all project activities
- monitoring and supervision of the project activities
- sound funds management
The PM will be also involved in assessment and project identification both in Kachin and in other
regions of the country if requested by the CR and the W/ESC
He/she will check and make sure the projects’ activities fulfil the scheduled objectives,
a) coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the activities,
b) ensuring that such activities meet with the Country regulations and the donor’s requirements
c) ensuring that the specific project’s procedures are followed: Field Manual M&E Guidelines, ,
d) ensuring that the Organization’s procedures and regulations are accomplished (Security Manual,
Overseas Offices Administration Manual, Logistics Manual, Visibility and Communication Manual).
S/he works under the supervision of and in tight coordination with the W/E Sector Coordinator for
all the aspects related to the technical implementation of the action
S/he actively participates to Cesvi and partners coordination activities at the field level in
Bhamo with other agencies, and in Yangon if necessary or requested by the W/ESC and CR.
S/he has the overall responsibility of project management, planning and execution of all project
components and related project activities, ensuring that objectives and expected results are fully
and timely achieved as of project documentation
S/he produces detailed work plans, ensures project components are integrated and project
activities are coordinated within the program
S/he produces timely financial planning and budget monitoring documents.
S/he produces cash flow analysis and all other relevant financial and administrative documentation
in close coordination with the Country Admin.
S/he produces or supervises the production of procurement documentation in strict compliance with
Cesvi and donors’ procedures, produces or supervises the production of suppliers’ contracts and
other documentation such as procurement plans
S/he is responsible of to the efficient organization of the Bhamo office, the proper filing of
hard and soft copy of documentation and the correct storing of all documents.
S/he ensures timely delivery of project reports (narrative and financial)
S/he produces project presentations and project briefing, and other necessary and/or required
documents concerning project activities.
The PM works in close coordination of the Country Representative (CR) and the Wash/Environment
Sector Coordinator and works in close collaboration with other CESVI’s international and national
staff in the Country. The direct responsible is the HQ’s Desk Officer.
To apply please visit this link