POSITION: Project Manager
LOCATION: Mogadishu, Somalia
DURATA: 6 Months, renewable
SCADENZA VACANCY: 31/08/2014
In the central-southern regions of Hiraan and Galgadug, Cesvi is involved in maternal-infant health emergency response with integrated activities to ensure rural and urban populations of suitable access to health care services as well as being involved in the fight against malnutrition and vaccination campaigns. In Somaliland and Puntland the objective is to create public/private waste management systems and to improve the capabilities of local bodies, businesses and non-government bodies. 2010 saw the start of a protection, reintegration and psychosocial support programme for child victims of the conflict. In the capital, Mogadishu, Cesvi is undertaking a hygiene environmental programme and disposal of emergency waste and activities for the health and protection of children. In the Gedo region, on the border with Kenya, a project for the protection of children is under way.
The collaboration will start in September 2014.
The PM will have the responsibility for program implementation, quality assurance, monitoring, staff supervision and reporting during the project.
The PM, coherently with his/her experience, may be required to act also as Protection Technical Advisor for South Central Somalia
- Plan and implement the project activities;
- Supervise, mentor and monitor the work of the local staff and technical experts;
- Compile intermediate and final narrative/financial reports to donor;
- Training and building of local community capacity in organizing community;
- Management of field project office;
- Develop proposals, plans, concept papers and budgets for other interventions in the target area;
- Represent Cesvi to donors and relevant government ministries if required.
- Degree in Social Science or related subjects.
- Experience in management of ECHO projects, preferably in difficult contexts
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work closely with CESVI local staff and beneficiaries
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Experience in M&E of multi sector programs
- Experience in working within a consortium with other International NGOs (as leading agency)
- Experience in Rights-based approach programming, as well as in Needs-based approach
- Experience in managing field offices in a conflict scenario
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills and knowledge of ECHO guidelines, rules and procedures
- Experience of project proposals writing and rapid needs assessments
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGOs
- Excellent self-motivation skills
To apply please visit