Project Manager Lebanon- CODE 34_2014 PM LEB
LOCATION Mount Lebanon, Lebanon
CLOSING DATE 10/09/2014
DURATION 10 months
From 2006 to 2010, Cesvi’s efforts in the country were devoted to foster job creation among young people, especially young women, in order to create a qualified group of micro-entrepreneurs and re-launch the economy in the southern part of the Country (Sour and Saida Municipalities, mainly). Work was carried out alongside local municipalities with regard to the local coordination among the various groups involved in social development and the acquisition of appropriate tools for a better knowledge of development dynamics among the civil society.
Cesvi has also been promoting job training courses and launching income generation activities.
The current activities will deal with Cash for Work addressed both to Siryan Refugees and Lebanese families with economic difficulties (activities will be mainly linked with road rehabilitation).
Women will be included in the CfW action through the creation of a kitchen garden while a small component of the project is dedicated to Cash for Art, an innovative theatrical activity aimed to improve awareness on the current social situation.
The main duty station will be in Mount Lebanon Region; some coordination visits in Beirut may be required. The person will report to the Desk Officer at HQ.
S/he will be responsible for the overall project management, implementation of the project(s) and for overseeing administration, accounting, procurement and staffing issues related to the project(s)
S/he will oversee the planning and implementation of the activities and ensure that objectives are achieved and that appropriate quality, functioning and assistance is established and maintained for setting up policies, strategies and laws to comply with international conventions and standards
S/he will also provide adequate and timely technical guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support to the local staff and actors involved in the project
S/he will ensure that the right support is given in terms of identification of needs and existing competencies, development of curricula, coordination, supervision, facilitation support and progress assessment
S/he will ensure the elaboration of monthly internal report to be submitted to Cesvi HQs on achievements, projects, problems encountered, pertinent developments, and strategic needs
S/he will supervise all project activities, guaranteeing a constant support to all project stakeholders
S/he will guarantee clear documentation of all project activities, through reports and other visibility tools, as required and agreed upon with Cesvi HQs
S/he will represent Cesvi in various coordination fora and ensure coherence of Cesvi mission and strategy
S/he will manage liaisons with donor(s), local and international NGOs and IGOs, private sector, civil society associations and other counterparts
S/he will attend meetings with local representatives of the UN and local concerned authorities, as well as with other donors or project stakeholders, whenever required
S/he will attend meetings with local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required
- University-advanced degree in Social Sciences, political Sciences and related fields
- 3-5 years’ experience in Cooperazione Italiana projects
- 3-5 years’ experience in international NGOs
- Previous experience in Cash for Work interventions and working experience(s) in the Middle East.
- Proven experience in post-conflict areas where security is an issue
- Be able to facilitate the further development of emergency programmes in the area and to identify and quickly react to funding opportunities
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report and project proposals – writing skills
- Leading and representation skills – liaison/negotiation and lobbying
- Ability to make effective decisions under time pressure
- Ability to cope with harsh environment
- Capacity to work independently, strong strategic and creative thinking
- Fluency in English and Italian (oral and written).
Good administration and accounting skills on-the-spot – constant supervision and monitoring upon project administration is required Office management skills.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE
Technical Expert – Afghanistan
SEDE DI LAVORO: Heart – Afghanistan
DURATA: 3 months
SCADENZA VACANCY: 10/09/2014
Cesvi has been active in Afghanistan since 2002, implementing community development, rural reconstruction, skills building and health programs.
Cesvi works in cooperation with the local communities to improve their livelihood, with particular focus on the most vulnerable groups, such as returnees, IDPs, landless labourers and female-headed households. Since 2009 our interventions are focused on Herat Province, with the financial support of the Italian Cooperation., and in close collaboration with local and national Authorities.
The two main sectors are income generating activities and support to the DRR sector.
Cesvi will implement a project in collaboration with Intersos focusing on DRR in coordination with the relevant public authorities. The activities under Cesvi responsibility are related to the creation of “safe schools” in Herat district, in collaboration with the Afghan Disaster Management Agency (ANDMA) and the Education Dept of Herat.
The expected result is: an increased awareness of the population on DRR/M and on safety. The activities foreseen are:
Training of teachers on first emergency response, risks mitigation and sanitation and Hygiene
Development of “Safe Schools” campaign in two pilot schools
Development of brochure on safety and purchase of first aid kits
Structural rehabilitation of two pilot schools.
The collaboration will start in September 2014. It will last 3 months.
The incumbent will based mainly in Herat. Please note that short missions countrywide, for project identification and stakeholders relations, could be requested.
The Technical Expert (TE) will be responsible for:
detailed planning and direct coordination of the above mentioned project activities, with the support of the local coordinator and staff, and
The expected outputs from the TE are:
- Teachers training: development of the training material, organization of the trainings, supervision of the courses, and conduction of ToTs.
- Safe schools campaign: development of the material, support in organization of the campaigns.
- Brochure on Safety: development of the technical contents.
- School buildings: assessment of the needs, preparation of the technical documents, selection of the contractor, supervision of the works.
He/she will check and make sure the activities, under her/his responsibility, fulfil the scheduled objectives, especially:
- coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the activities,
- ensuring that such activities meet with the Country regulations and the donor’s guidelines,
- ensuring that the Organization’s procedures and regulations are accomplished (Security Manual, Overseas Offices Administration Manual, Logistics Manual, Visibility and Communication Manual).
He/She will collaborate, within the established deadlines, to the draft of the related project reports (activities planning, work progress and final reports) as requested by the donor and the Headquarters.
He/She will recognize and report any necessary variation, extension or revision of the original project.
The TE for all his/her tasks reports directly to the Asia Desk Officer (HQ) and works in close coordination and collaboration with Intersos PM, Cesvi CR and Cesvi Local PM.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or High School diploma with specialization in surveying or in construction (in this case minimum 5 years experience).
- Previous experience in the field of buildings rehabilitation and specific knowledge of building safety (preferably in school buildings), including International/European standards
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, to meet deadlines and keep the project’s files and documents
- Good leadership, management, teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills with strong focus in donors’ relations
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Italian
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Professional experience in developing countries
Creativity and capacity to think out of the box
Experience in education (adults or young)
Experience in project management and project identification
TO APPLY, please visit this site
Country Administrator Uganda – CODE 36_2014 ADM UGA
LOCATION Lira, Uganda
CLOSING DATE 10/09/2014
DURATION 3 months (renewable)
Cesvi is currently operating in Lango and Agogo districts.
In Lango area, Cesvi is working on the reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, such as roads, wells and lactrines with the direct involvement of local communities. Other activities in this area are related to the increase of productivity, production and commercialization of agricultural products, by improving agricultural techniques and distributing seeds and farm tools.
In Agago district, Cesvi is involved in the promotion of social stability through the improvement of land security for the most vulnerable members of the local communities.
The collaboration will start in September 2014. The main duty station will be Kampala with willingness to move within the local offices.
The incumbent will respond to the HQ Desk officer and work in close collaboration with all the PMs (both local and international).
The Country Administrator is responsible to manage all aspects of the finance function of the Cesvi country programme, in close coordination with the staff, and to support the logistic office in purchase and procedures.
Plan, supervise and deliver all project and programme related administrative functions: accounting, budgeting, procurement, financial reporting and monitoring;
Ensure that the management of the program will comply with administrative procedures of Donors, local Law and Cesvi and will develop procedures and guidelines to this end, as well as provide on-the-job training and supervise administrative staff;
Ensure an adequate reporting to the Country Representative/Desk Officer, as regard to the management/control of financial flows of the various projects, constantly monitoring expenses and cash flow (final balance and budget analysis);- Plan, supervise and control project and programme logistic functions;
Assist the Country Representative/Project Manager in the preparation of contracts with suppliers, partners and service providers, and monitor contract administrative performance.
Be responsible of the correct store of documents and project’s goods.
The incumbent will respond to the HQ Desk officer and work in close collaboration and coordination with all the PMs (both local and international).
- Degree in Economics, Business Studies, Accounting
- Minimum three years post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the NGO sector.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Accountancy skills and ability to prepare financial reports
- Knowledge of UE administrative and procurement procedures
- Experience in supervision and planning of field logistics
- Strong leadership and experience in supervising multi-cultural staff
- Experience with NGO procedures, approaches, and operations
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programmes such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Effective team member
- Understanding of development issues and the organisational goals
- Fluency in Italian (spoken and written)
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE