POSITION: Country Administrator
LOCATION: Yangon, Burma/Myanmar
CODE 52_2014 ADM MYANM
CLOSING DATE: 15/01/2015
DURATION: 6 months (renewable)
Cesvi has been working in Myanmar since July 2001, with main focus on Community Empowerment with integrated actions on Health, Livelihood, Wash and Environment. Cesvi’s volume of activities and operational capacity in Myanmar have been increasing in the last years, now reaching around 500.000 beneficiaries with a team of more than 240 staff. Cesvi is currently working in two States (Northern Shan and Kachin) and four Regions (Magway, Sagaing, Mandalay and Yangon) with a total of 23 Townships and more than 1.000 villages covered. Cesvi is operating from a main Country Office in Yangon, Area Offices in Pyin Oo Lwin and Magway and Field Offices in almost every Township.
The collaboration will start in February 2015.
Duty station: main office in Yangon with frequent travels to projects field offices all over the country.
The Country Administrator (CA) will respond to the HQ Desk officer and work in close collaboration with the Country Representative and all the PMs (both local and international).
The CA is responsible to manage all aspects of the finance function of the CESVI country programme in Burma/Myanmar, in close coordination with the staff, and to support the logistic office in purchase and procedures.
- Accountancy of projects and preparation of all donor financial reports
- Ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management
- Undertake regular field visits in order to assess the financial systems in place
- Manage the finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQs and donors;
- Closely monitor all financial activities, and inform the staff concerned;
- Support the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, budget analysys in close collaboration with the PM
- Support and supervise of the logistic office in procurements and purchase procedures
- Participation in the review, monitoring and capacity building of local staff;
- Be responsible for the management of the national staff of the finance, admin and logistics department.
- Assist Programme managers with preparation of donor budgets, to ensure compliance with donor regulations and to Ensure their incorporation into the country annual operating budget & revisions.
- Be responsible of the correct store of documents and project’s goods.
Degree in Economics, Political science or at least three years post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the NGO sector.
Strong budgeting and financial management skills
Accountancy skills and ability to prepare financial reports
Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (UE, USAID, GF, etc..)
Knowledge and experience in purchases and procedures.
Willing to travel frequently in-country
Ability to support, manage and develop national staff
Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, and patience
Very flexible and with a positive attitude
Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programmes such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken
Previous experience in Southeast Asia and/or Myanmar
Post graduate qualifications in management or related field
Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
Good organisational and time management skills
Effective team member
Understanding of development issues and the organisational goals
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT this web site