POSITION Project Manager
CODE 53_2014 PM MYANM
LOCATION Yangon city, Myanmar
CLOSING DATE 31/12/2014
DURATION 1 year
In 2012 Cesvi celebrated the tenth anniversary in Myanmar. CESVI’s long term commitment to Livelihood, Health and WASH activities in the country aims at considerably improving the wellbeing of the people we provide services to.
The specific objective of the Action is to strengthen the capacities of Local Authorities of Yangon City Development Committee on solid waste management
Inadequate garbage collection and disposal system have been felt as a growing problem in the urban and suburban areas of Yangon and are becoming environmental and health issues in many of the townships. Municipalities are the most important administrative bodies for citizens’ basic needs satisfaction and a fundamental tool for peace building and democracy exercise.
The action is designed with the purpose of making use of a pilot experience in three townships of Yangon to disseminate the tested results and contribute to future local and national changes against generalized environmental damage and degradation.
The key stakeholders groups involved in the SWM sector are Comune di Torino, Municipality of Yangon, ITHACA.
The project is currently at the end of the second year of implementation.
The collaboration will start in early January 2015.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall strategy and planning of the Project activities in cooperation with the Partners.
S/He is responsible of the implementation and the monitoring of the activities in Yangon.
The PM reports to the Desk Officer (HQ), works under the coordination of the Country Representative in close collaboration with CESVI’s expatriates in the Country.
Management lines and Internal and External Coordination
S/he actively participates to Cesvi and partners coordination activities and supports the Country Rep in assuring that effective coordination mechanisms are in place both internally to the programme and externally with partners and stakeholders.
S/he represents the Organization and maintains an active coordination policy with project partner and associates and with other stakeholders. S/he participates to coordination meetings at national level and, when necessary, in Italy.
S/he has the overall responsibility of project management, planning and execution of all project components and related project activities, ensuring that objectives and expected results are fully and timely achieved as of project documentation.
S/he produces detailed work plans, ensures project components are integrated and project activities are coordinated within the program.
S/he produces timely financial planning and budget monitoring documents. S/he produces cash flow analysis and all other relevant financial and administrative documentation as of Cesvi admin and finance policies, procedures and practices.
S/he produces or supervises the production of procurement documentation in strict compliance with Cesvi and donors’ procedures, produces or supervises the production of suppliers’ contracts and other documentation such as procurement plans.
S/he provides support as necessary in designing and organizing HQ monitoring missions, consultancies, partnerships, donors monitoring missions and other visits to the programme.
S/he contributes to the efficient organization of the Yangon office and proper filing of hard and soft copy of documentation.
S/he ensures timely delivery of project reports (narrative and financial) and other official project documentation such as amendments.
S/he produces project presentations and project briefing, and other necessary and/or required
- Master in engineering, economy or environment related fields, or equivalent working experience in related fields.
- Proven understanding of project cycle management theory and practice.
- Proven experience in implementing sanitation interventions and understanding of the sanitation debate.
- Sound understanding/experience in mainstreaming hygiene programs in water and sanitation interventions.
- Demonstrated experience in budget control and financial monitoring, as well as in applying standard admin, personnel, procurement policies and procedures. Experience in using standard M&E tools and practices.
- Experience in supervising multi-cultural staff and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated communication skills with ability to work closely with staff, local partners, government structures and beneficiaries.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in standard computer applications.
- Management experience in working in waste-management, sanitation and hygiene projects in developing countries in urban setting.
- Experience in Myanmar and/or Southeast Asia in sanitation projects.
- Experience in implementing community-based interventions and in working with vulnerable communities. Exposure to participatory approaches an asset.
- Experience in conducting/managing assessments, KAP surveys, baselines and other field researches
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT this site