Capo Progetto – Myanmar
Main focus of Cesvi interventions in Myanmar is Community Empowerment with integrated actions on Health, Livelihood, Wash and Environment. Cesvi is currently working in Dry Zone at Township and Village level. Cesvi has one Country Office in Yangon, and one sub-office in Nyaung U.
Cesvi will start a 36 month project in the sectors of Livelihood, Resilience and Rural Development, funded by AICS (Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development) in Magway Region (Dry-zone), Myanmar.
The “S.A.F.E. C.R.O.P.S.” project aims at improving the economies of rural families and of small businesses that are part of the supply chains of sesame, peanut and bean (green mung) as the main crops and sources of income in the intervention areas. The components of the project act on the main restrictions that, at the supply chain level, limit an integrated, sustainable and inclusive development, in particular by improving:
- Production aspects
- Market access
The collaboration will start between August and September.
The main duty station will be the Sub-Office in Magway, with travels to Yangon for relevant meetings and clusters.
The Project Manager will be coordinated by Cesvi Myanmar Desk Officer in the HQ.
The Project Manager will:
- be responsible for the daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning, guaranteeing project’s activities fulfil timely the scheduled objectives
- plan, manage and monitor the activities in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines
- develop and maintain track records of project outputs, supervise the activities, submit reports to the Funding Agency and Cesvi HQ
- be responsible for the selection, training and skills development of the project’s staff
- ensure that project expenditures are in line with Donor rules
- Efficiently ensure financial forecasting and Budget control through Budget Forecast Update (BFU)
- manage the relations with AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) Myanmar office
- actively participate to Livelihoods Clusters and Working Groups
- provide support and technical inputs to project proposals’ writing
S/he will represent Cesvi in front of Donor and all relevant stakeholders, also providing inputs for the development of project proposals to expand Cesvi presence in the area.
- Degree in International Development,Management or other relevant sectors
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in development/humanitarian projects funded by institutional donors
- Knowledge and experience of AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) and related procedures
- Reporting skills (narrative and financial)
- Excellent understanding of budget issues for development projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning).
- High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Post degree specialization and/or Master in Project Management
- Previous working experience in South-East Asia, specifically in Myanmar
- Prior working experience in an administrative role within the development sector will be considered a plus
- Previous working experience with Cesvi will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of other institutional donors rules and procedures (UN agencies, European Union, etc.)
- Project Design skills
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.