Logistics Coordinator – Iraq
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Duty station: Erbil with frequent missions to Baghdad, field offices in Mosul, Hamam Al Ali, Tikrit, Telafar and other areas in various Iraqi Governorates, as necessary.
Starting date: 02/02/2020
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Support Staff, 2 Logs Officers, 1 Logs Assistant
General context of the project
INTERSOS has been present in Iraq since 2003 and currently operates across Salah Al Din (SAD), Erbil, Ninewa and Kirkuk Governorates. INTERSOS thematic sectors of intervention are Health, Protection, Education in Emergency (EiE) and Livelihoods. INTERSOS main office is in Erbil while the other 3 sub-offices are located in Tikrit (South SAD), Hamam Al Alil (South Ninewa), Mosul and Kirkuk. At the end of 2017, INTERSOS had over 500 national staff, 22 expert expat staff and over 250 volunteers working in the delivery of its humanitarian programs in Iraq across the mentioned sectors.
General purpose of the position
The Logistics Coordinator defines and implements technical/logistics strategies and support to INTERSOS country programme, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programme, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of INTERSOS and international standards; guarantee appropriate working conditions at mission’s level as well as the proper functioning of the IT infrastructure.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Establishing, harmonizing and maintaining appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies across the mission and according to donor requirements including procurement, fleet management and IT procedures and mechanisms.
- Seeking for guidance and validations from the Head of Mission and relevant staff at Headquarters when needed, and recommending needed changes.
- Ensuring proper implementation of logistics policies and procedures at the field level.
- Anticipating unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Coordinating with the Admin and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems. – Managing staff and systems to maximize programme efficiency and delivery.
- Coordinating recruitment, training and support of field logistics staff.
- Advising both managers and employees about policies and procedures.
- Planning and performing field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained.
- Fulfilling other duties of similar level as needed.
- Monitoring overall procurement performance for the Mission.
- Ensuring effective and cost efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff, Heads of Base and/or Project Managers to ensure that procurement plans are detailed, in place and up to date.
- Carrying out research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Developing and implementing service contract management
- Examining and re-evaluating existing service contracts and overseeing regular rent, utilities payments (i.e., electricity, water, gas, etc.), office maintenance contracts and running costs procedures. Ensuring that they are properly handled by Logistics Assistants, Administration and/or Focal Points.
- Maintaining and updating an established suppliers list per base, in coordination with logistics staff and Admin – Finance Department.
- Checking and coordinating with logistics staff that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored.
- Ensuring that the fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid.
- Following-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff.
- Ensuring that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e., lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staff.
- Supervising drivers’ conduct and training them when needed.
- Initiating regular fixed assets and inventory check on a quarterly basis.
- Recommending information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations.
- Ensuring proper purchase, registration and maintenance of IT assets and office equipment (i.e., IT materials, communication materials, etc.).
- Coordinating IT support in the field offices and ensuring assets are used properly.
- Provide the HoM on a monthly base an activity report and forecast related to the month objectives achieved and overall Plan activities for next month;
- Capacity Building to national staff
- Field site visits in all different projects sites in order to verify and improve logistics;
- Report achievements and difficulties and give suggestions to improve all logistics “fields”;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent Logistics working experience.
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- University Degree
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
- Arabic language skills will be considered as an asset
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding and insecure working environment Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-29-1261 – Logistics Officer”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.