Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH It) sta selezionando un/a Country Representative in Libya based in Tunisi da inserire nella sua operatività in Libia Tunisia . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 07/01/2020
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH It) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH It, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently working in 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities.
Terre des hommes Italy is seeking for a Country Representative in Libya based in Tunisi, with frequent mission in Libya.
The Country Representative main task include:
- Ensuring the implementation of the global strategy and the smooth integration of the different components: humanitarian, recovery and development intervention
- Ensuring the global coordination of the program implemented in the intervention area (may it regards strategic, operational, human, material or financial aspects);
- Representing Terre des hommes Italy towards authorities, institutional donors and partners;
- Ensuring application and respect of logistics, accountability and financial according the Tdh Italy and donors procedures
- Ensuring the operational management of the team placed under your responsibility
- Ensuring strategic program’s development in accordance with humanitarian needs identified as well as financial opportunities to be raised in the frame of Tdh Italy’s mandate and expertise;
- Promote staff development and the maximization of local talent, through coaching and mentoring, talent management, succession planning and active career development
- Ensuring smooth and regular reporting activities to the
- Minimum 3 years overseas experience working with an international humanitarian/development NGO, with strong programme management, team management and financial management experience;
- Minimum 1 years in a similar position;
- Minimum 3 years implementing, and managing complex projects that work specifically focused on Child Protection, Education in Emergency; and/or quality improvement/quality assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research
- Experience of working in insecure environments and remote management.
- Significant previous experience working in conflict or crisis situations, preferably in MENA Region;
- Proven management ability, including ability to motivate and develop skills of team’s members. Must be able to make sound management decisions in difficult situations and also be able to work in a participatory manner with colleagues.
- Proven ability to deal with donors and operational partners.
- Proven ability to develop adapted humanitarian vision and strategy.
- A keen understanding and experience in the Middle East (particularly on Syria crisis) would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of donors’ policies and guidelines;
- Strong knowledge of the project cycle management;
- Strong knowledge of principled-based approaches and advocacy skills;
- Excellent communication, networking skills, organizational and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of project cycle management
- Used to work in political and security volatile environments
- Capacity to adapt and show organizational flexibility
- Cross cultural sensitivity, good sense of humor and great team member
SPECIFICITIES OF THE JOB
The position is based in Tunis with frequent mission in Libya.
The position will require frequent travel to the areas of intervention, where Tdh Italy teams are working in community resources centres, IDP camps, health facilities and the communities. The security context remains fluid and movement restrictions are related with the present conflict.
- English mandatory (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Arabic and French is an asset.
- Advanced university degree. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Proven experience in management of UN, UNICEF – UNHCR, Italian Cooperation/AICS, EU DEVCO and DG ECHO funds.
- Mastery of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision;
- Keen on developing links and continuum between relief activities and development oriented projects;
- Motivated by constant programme adaptation to an evolving context and set up of partnerships with local and international partners;
- Excellent organisational skills, co-ordination and transfer of knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to team work;
- Ability to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures;
- Proven experience in negotiations with institutional donors, project writing and reporting.
- Starting date: January 2020
- Length of the contract: 12 months
- Salary: According the experience of the candidate and Tdh Italy salary scale;
- Life Insurances.
- A/R Travel ticket;
Qualified applicants with Eu Nationality are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying in the subject ‘CR Libya, by the 7 January 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview