Regional Finance Controller – Africa occidentale
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Regional Finance Controller Western Africa
Duty station: HQ Rome (50%) with field missions (50%)
Starting date: 15/06/2020
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Regional Finance Coordinator – Western Africa
Supervision of: Country Finance Coordinators of the assigned Region
General context of the project
In recent years INTERSOS, the largest Italian humanitarian organization, has faced significant changes in terms of risen challenges, adopted structure, contexts to work. In this framework the Finance Department must redefine itself to effectively respond to the new demanding issues and assure the control over specific strategic processes, in order to guarantee the overall organization and its sustainability.
General purpose of the position
In the framework of the Strategic Plan (2018-2020), the Finance Department has identified a new role, the Regional Finance Controller, that will be assigned one for each Region, and in support of the Regional Finance Coordinator s/he will be responsible for the quality of the accounting data. S/he will liaise with the Country Finance Coordinators aimed at verifying and validating their output. Among his/her main tasks, the verification of regional accounting data, the consistency and correctness of donor reporting and other relevant operational tasks.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Review and check Journal workbook of each Mission of the Region;
- Ensure accuracy of Regional accounting;
- Review country office receivables balances to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up;
- Ensure that senior management is aware of financial, accounting and administrative issues that may impact country offices’ performance;
- Upload on cloud Drive of the Mission the monthly verified accounting.
- Donor Reporting
- Review financial reports prior to submission to the donors;
- Review financial part of the amendments/budget revisions;
- Review and finalize closeouts for grants.
- Operational tasks
- Move to the Country office for technical induction of new deployed Country Finance Coordinators;
- Temporary replace (max 30 days) the vacant position of Country Finance Coordinators of the assigned Region in case of unavailability of Roving Finance officers.
Required profile and experience
- Economics, Finance or other related degrees
- Relevant experience on finance project management with INGOs and/or International organizations
- Sound accounting knowledge
- Experience on the use of accounting software is appreciated
- Good command of excel
- French and English languages necessary
- Italian language is appreciated but not necessary
- Coordination skills
- Respect for deadlines
- Attitude to capacity building
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-1129 – Regional Finance Controller Western Africa – HQ / Field”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.