Capo Progetto – Libia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager
Duty station: Tunisia (Tunis) 50%, Libya (Tripoli / Benghazi, Ejdabya) 50%
Starting date: 01/09/2020
Contract duration: 14 months
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Supervision of: Project Staff (7 staff)
General context of the project
INTERSOS is present in Libya since 2018 and it is currently implementing humanitarian Projects in the West and in the South of the Country.
INTERSOS is running a protection programming aiming to propose child friendly services, including non-formal education, psychosocial support and activities that enhance life skills, while supporting parents and caregivers through ad hoc protection services. It also aims to support social cohesion and promoting understanding between host communities’ members, migrants and Internally displaced people. Furthermore, the Centre also supports outreach services to underserved outskirts areas of Tripoli.
In 2020, upon the grant confirmation and in partnership with NRC, INTERSOS will start working in the East of Libya with a multisectoral project funded by the European Union Trust Fund. INTERSOS will be responsible of the implementation of the Education in Emergency and Child Protection Activities through the already consolidated methodology of the Baity Centre of Tripolii where the children can be provided with several services at once.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to donor confirmation.
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the Coordination team, the project manager will have:
- full managerial and technical responsibility of the project implementation, including procurement, selection of staff, monitoring and financial supervision of expenditures against target activities.
- S/he will support training and will supervise all the activities in the field locations.
- S/he is responsible of regular donor reporting and attends technical coordination meetings.
- Coordinate activities, strategic growth in order to efficiently ensure the goals and improve targeted population’s conditions and humanitarian situation.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the project, ensuring timely and quality delivery of services as per approved project’s proposal
- Make sure all the documentation related to the project is well kept so to ensure the whole history of the project is correctly handed over.
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analysing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course
- Proactively participate in relevant technical coordination meetings and working groups.
- Ensure, in line with INTERSOS internal rules and regulations, donor regulations and international humanitarian standards on child protection the management of the project
- Conduct regular field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives, facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges
- Ensure appropriate budget management. In collaboration with Finance department monitor financial supervision of expenditures and ensure proper management of project funds (update project financial planning monthly) and propose budgetary adjustments to Finance department
- Coordinate with the Finance and Logistic department to procure material necessary for the implementation of the activities in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply at the intervention sites
Project Reporting and Development:
- Developing regular reports, including donor reporting and the Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
- Ensuring accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project
- Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development
- Propose and carry out exploratory missions and rapid assessments in line with INTERSOS strategy in the country, according to Head of Mission’s and Protection Specialist/Protection Coordinator indications, in order to better analyse context, priorities, constraints and population needs and design new project proposals.
- Support the Coordination team in the identification, preparation and development of new project proposal, ensuring these are in line with INTERSOS’ program goals, objectives and indicators.
- Plan and distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their understanding of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
- Be responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
- Identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to project’s goals.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in humanitarian related field (international relations, social studies, IHL, IHRL)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience at similar position (project/grant management) in humanitarian context and on child protection and education in emergency preferably
- Strong and proven understanding of the humanitarian operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge of donor’s procedures notably EU and UN agencies
- Very strong skills in computer (excel) and admin/finance procedure
- Able to work independently and to lead teams on remote
- Organization skills and empowerment approach of the supervised team
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Previous proven experience in proposal writing and grant management from secondary data will be considered an advantage
- English is mandatory
- Arabic is an advantage
- Proactiveness and strong problem-solving approach
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic context and to the volume of work
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- High reactivity to unexpected demands
- Capacity to work under stress and meets the deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-52-1519 – Project Manager –Libya”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.