INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Consortium Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata contratto 12 mesi, con possibilità di estensione se fondi disponibili. Scadenza candidature 16/07/2020
Consortium Coordinator – Libano
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Consortium Coordinator
Duty station: Lebanon – Beirut/Zahle, with frequent travel to project locations
Starting date: 15/09/2020
Contract duration: 12-month contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability
Reporting to: Country Program Coordinator
Supervision of: Consortium MEAL Expert
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit, humanitarian aid organization founded in 1992. INTERSOS works towards a world of equality, justice, peace and solidarity, to achieve this INTERSOS helps people to live in dignity and safety, alleviating suffering and meeting their needs. The mission of INTERSOS is to support people, families and communities in areas most effected by crisis around the world, providing crucial assistance to populations in life threatening situations, in situations of famine and suffering resulting from extreme poverty, disasters, and conflict.
INTERSOS started to work in Lebanon in 2006 to support the Lebanese people affected by the Lebanese-Israeli war. Since 2013 INTERSOS has been supporting the vulnerable populations in Lebanon affected by the Syrian conflict, including both Syrian refugees and affected Lebanese people.
The project, funded by BPRM, is a 2 years’ consortium led by INTERSOS and constituted by 3 other (I)NGOs: ABAAD, Médecins du Monde (MDM) and SIDC. The project aims at implementing an integrated protection and health response to identified needs in West and Central Bekaa, for the most vulnerable Syrian Refugees and Lebanese populations.
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Consortium Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the proper coordination, implementation and communication of the project across all consortium members and teams. The Consortium Coordinator will be accountable for the overall achievement of the contractual objectives (timeframe, targets/indicators, budget) of the projects and for monitoring that the activities are implemented accordingly by the project managers. With the support of the technical and support staff from all partners, at Beirut level and in Bekaa, this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an integrated vision among partners while being accountable for delivery on project objectives, targets, time, and budget. The Coordinator will serve as the key liaison with donors and other stakeholders and will facilitate the collaborative partnership between them and the consortiums partners.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Strategic planning and leadership
- The Consortium Coordinator will be part of the Consortium Coordination Body responsible to present the Donor with key decisions, information and recommendations on strategic, operational and financial matters.
- The Consortium Coordinator will work closely with the Consortium Operational team to supervise the overall project implementation across all consortium members, to ensure the technical coherence of the project, in coordination with all consortium members and the Consortium Quality Unit.
- The Consortium Coordinator will be supervising the overall management of the project financial resources, with the support of administrative departments.
- Lead on the overall programmatic, logistic and financial management of the project, including the identification of risks and obstacles, to ensure donor compliance in terms of project deliverables and eligibility criteria.
- Lead on the contractual reporting (narrative and financial) in coordination with consortium members.
- Ensure compliance of logistics and administrative procedures, based on contractual requirements.
- Monitor the proper financial management and forecast of budget lines across the consortium, in coordination with the finance departments.
- Provide regular monitoring of activities, including field visits and regular consortium meetings.
- Lead on the set up and implementation of efficient coordination and communication mechanisms between consortium team members, including project kick off meeting, regular technical review meetings and project close-up meetings.
- Lead on the set up of systems, TORs, SOPs and tools in place across the consortium, with the support of the Consortium Quality Unit.
- Lead the Consortium Quality Unit and consortium program reviews to ensure the technical coordination and the quality of the project across the consortium.
- Represent the consortium with the Donor and attend National and Regional Technical Working Groups, UN Agencies and National Authorities meetings, when needed and in coordination with INTERSOS’ Coordination team.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Lead on the elaboration, implementation and revision of an effective MEAL plan and monitoring systems throughout the project, in coordination with the Consortium Quality Unit, and with the support of the MEAL Expert.
- Lead on the relevance and quality of monitoring reports, analysis and data trends, including recommendations produced by the Consortium Quality Unit.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in humanitarian studies, social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years with INGOs in Humanitarian assistance
- Previous experiences at management and/or coordination level in the area of health and protection in fragile contexts
- Previous strong experience working in a consortium structure at coordination level
- Previous experience in the ME region and/or with US funds (desirable)
- Strong Project Cycle Management skills and capacity to plan and organize work activities
- Prior experience in protection interventions (especially case management, community-based protection and needs assessment)
- Understanding of the local political and administrative system
- Ability to manage human, technical, administrative and financial resources.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Knowledge/Fluency in Arabic (desirable)
- Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Flexibility, team spirit and diplomatic skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with peaks of heavy workloads, and to manage several tasks at once with tight deadlines.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Good computing skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-34-1514 – Consortium Coordinator – Lebanon”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.