Logistics Intern – Italia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Logistics Intern
Duty station: Rome + internship in one of the authorized missions if the situation will allow it
Starting date: 07/09/2020
Contract duration: 6 months (4 months at HQ + 2 in the field)
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Supervision of: ///
General context of the project
The internship will take place 4 months in the INTERSOS Rome HQ and 2 months in an INTERSOS mission (if the security conditions and COVID-19 will allow it. If not the internship will be for 6 months in HQ).
General purpose of the position
- Trainee training for what concerns purchasing procedures within a humanitarian organization and depending on the donor and use of specific software
- First contact with the operation and project activities for what concerns the support given to the PM for their activities on the ground
- Direct work experience (based on the assistant’s qualifications) on a project of an INTERSOS mission
- Training related to IT technologies present in the humanitarian sector (PC, dedicated software, telephony and satellite data connection)
Main responsibilities and tasks
The intern will be part of the Logistics department activities and it will support it in the following tasks:
Procurement and order management
- Suppliers pre-qualifications Support for monitoring deadlines,
- Support for the preparation of whole dossiers related to purchasing
- Support in national and international shipments
- Support in cash and card monthly accounting
- Support in register all stock movements
- Execute periodic stock counts to goods and assets stored in Rome HQ
- Support in the management of the physical infrastructure of the Rome HQ site and its activities
- Support in the resolution of small IT issue in the Rome HQ
- Support in managing the printers and IT assets in Rome HQ
Required profile and experience
- Degree in engineering or technical diploma
- Good IT skills
- Good Excel command
- Previous volunteering experience will be considered an asset
- Italian, English and French
- Motivation for humanitarian intervention activities
- Communication skills
- Good organizational skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-1523 – Logistics Intern”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.