INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Senior Liaison Officer
Duty station: Roving
Starting date: 01/02/2021
Contract duration: 9 months
Reporting to: Project Manager
Supervision of: None
Dependents: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
PartecipAzione ia a networking, capacity building and empowerment programme for refugee-led organizations and local associations that support refugees in participating to the economic, social and political life of the country.
PartecipAzione is a community based protection programme which adopts the AGD policy and that gives a central role to capacities, initiatives and resources of refugees.
General purpose of the position
This officer will be the main implementer of the activities dedicated to the PartecipAzione network, a network of 33 associations that took part in the programme in the past editions.
He/She will also be responsible in coordinating the training programme for newly selected CBOs/RLOs. Moreover, he/she will be in charge of coordinating all other training activities and initiatives that will happen during the lifecycle of the project.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Liaison Training Officer will:
- Fulfil tasks assigned by PM in the frame of the general project activities
- Represent locally INTERSOS and the project
- Report upon context relevant data and activities to the PM
- Upon authorisation, represent the project in front of Media
- Liaise with the local stakeholders, public and private associations, for the implementation of the project
- Be responsible for all activities concerning the training and coaching sector of the project
- Be responsible for ordinary and extraordinary development and management of the online e-Learning platform
- Be competent in preparing project proposals, monitor funding opportunities, stimulate active participation of CBOs in the platform, propose and implement dedicated training activities
- Be responsible for follow up and development of relations with the 26 CBOs awarded
- Maintain monitoring and reporting of the activities of his/her platform
- Help and support the PM in the preparation and implementation of the National and Regional Events in the project
Required profile and experience
- Superior education
- Project management experience in Italy
- Experience in working with associations led by migrants or refugees is a plus
- Proven experience in developing and preparing in autonomy project proposals in Italy (preferred) with multiple donors
- Proven experience as a trainer in one or more of the following topics: project cycle management, project proposals writing, fundraising and crowdfunding
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Good writing skills
- Used to teamwork, especially in a multicultural team
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-01-1761 – Senior Liaison Officer”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.