Grant and Compliance Intern – Italia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Grant and Compliance Intern
Duty station: Rome + field (if security will allow it)
Starting date: 18/10/2021
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of G&C Unit
Dependents: Non-family Duty station
General context of the project
The internship will take place for four months in the G&C Unit of the Rome office.
If security will allow it the last two months of the internship will be done in a country office.
General purpose of the position
At the end of the 6 months training the intern will gain:
- Experience in preparing special reports, studies, and analyses regarding donor’s guidelines, with complete acknowledgment of technicalities for proposal and reporting.
- Proven database/record management related to the use of different donor portals and their updating (e.g. APPEL, ART, PROSPECT, UN PORTAL).
- Good understanding of the communication protocol within HQ and operations/project management.
- Good knowledge of standards/tools required for project management and reporting mechanism and follow up in verification of the proper use.
- Direct experience on donor’s compliance verification, being deployed in the project implementation field (if security will allow it)
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Support the Unit in updating the IMP (Intersos management platform) Grant & Compliance project management database (proposal status, reporting status, refusal analysis).
- Support the Unit in analyzing the donor’s guidelines and their modifications during the period. Donors’ portfolio will be proposed according to an inception evaluation.
- Support in summarizing proposal negotiation and reporting findings
- Support in response to various donor’s requests.
- Other activities related to the needs of the Unit
Required profile and experience
- Master Degree / Bachelor Degree in Political Science / International Relations / Law / any other related field
- Specific course/master in project cycle management will be considered a plus
- Any volunteer / internship experience in social projects/development countries will be considered a plus
- Professional Requirements
- English fluent
- French intermediate/fluent
- Spanish will be considered a plus
- Attention to details
- Organization skills
- Good research and writing skills
- Adherence to humanitarian principles
- Willing to adhere to INTERSOS Mission and Vision
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/internship/#intersos-vacancies-intern/vacancy-details/60f1938e7a6a58001e933dfb/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-1996– Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.