HR Internship – Italia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: HR Intern – Recruitment
Duty station: Rome, HQ
Starting date: 04/10/2021
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Recruitment Officer
Dependents: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
The HR Intern will be responsible for ensuring timely and appropriate support to the HR Department, in the accomplishment of the regular tasks related to coordination, planning, implementation and development of procedures/activities in the organization.
General purpose of the position
The Intern will work within the HR Department to support the colleagues in the daily activities.
At the end of the experience, the intern will have an overall knowledge of the recruitment process of international organizations. She/he is going to follow a full recruitment process, using the specific tools of the Department (email, IMP – Intersos Management Platform, website, spreadsheets and documents).
She/he will develop her/his organizational skills, ensuring that the applicant tracking system is constantly updated and in place. She/he will develop good communication skills, being able to relate with candidates and other Intersos departments.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Specifically, the intern will:
- a) support the Department in the HR duties
- b) follow up the recruitment process
- CV screening
- archiving of applications in proper folders
- organization of interviews with the HR recruiter officer
- communication with the applicants and regular update about the status of the process
- feedback to the candidates shortlisted after the interviews
- c) Support the HR Office in the data entry into the web management platform
- motivation letters
- interview reports
- relevant documents
- d) Support in the collection and analysis of data related to HR Department and contribute to the preparation of the monthly report
- e) Contribute to the quality and the efficiency of the Department with proactive attitude
The list is not exhaustive, as the intern can be involved in other activities in support of the HR Office.
Required profile and experience
- Educational background in Social Science, Communication, Psicologhy, Political Science or any related field
- Master/Classes in Human Resources are considered a plus
Volunteer experience expecially in humanitarian and/or development settings (desirable)
Comfortable with computer use (Internet, Office package, G suite)
- Good English and French
- Spanish is an asset
- Good problem solving and diplomatic skills
- Good communication, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take the initiative and to fulfill tasks independently
- Strong commitment in working for a Humanitarian NGO
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-2064– Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.