Fondazione AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Giordania . Durata 6 mesi con possibilità di estensione. Scadenza candidature 22/11/2022
Duty Station: Amman
Starting Date: 30.11.2022
Period: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Country Director
Aim of the position:
AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project. We work all around the world thanks to a network of 35 founding members and more than 700 partners worldwide.
AVSI Foundation has been operating in Jordan since 2006 and contributed in supporting the most vulnerable local communities, Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees through providing projects and activities that focus on vocational training, job placement and income-generating activities, health and psycho-social assistance, education, urban development and protection of cultural heritage.
AVSI Foundation is implementing a Cash for Work project funded by GIZ under the Syrian response programs in the District of Rihab, Mafraq Governorate, Zarqa and Aqaba in Jordan. The project focuses on the establishment and improvement of green infrastructure / public open space through participatory design approach and implementation process. The works are implemented with the participation and support of semi-skilled and unskilled vulnerable cash workers. The direct beneficiaries of the project are mainly Jordanians and Syrians.
Greening communities: Upgrading of public spaces in Rihab and park maintenance in Zarqa and Gweirah trough Cash for Work approach Within the framework of GIZ project: Improvement of green infrastructure in Jordan through Labour Intensive Measures (CfWGI)
Main tasks and responsibilities
– Supervising and managing the implementation of GIZ funded project in Jordan focused on the establishment and improvement of green infrastructure.
– Managing and coordinating project activities in order to reach project objectives and results;
– Coordinating and supervising project staff;
– Maintaining relationship with the Donor;
– Developing accurate project and activities’ reports as requested by the Donor and by the supervisor;
– Maintaining the relationship with local partners and with all stakeholders involved in the project;
– Preparing and managing project workplan, budget forecasts and procurement plan in coordination with the project coordinator and AVSI Opearations department;
– Developing and Defining the M&E tools in coordination with the Donor’s and AVSI’s M&E departments;
– Supervising activities and verifying correctness of implementation in relation to project planning, financial requirements and timeframe;
– Coordinating with all AVSI Jordan departments to ensure efficiency in project’s implementation and respect of AVSI and donor procedures;
– Conduct regular staff meetings with direct line reports
– Ensure capacity building of technical staff
– Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
– Contributing to the development of new project proposals
– Perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor
Education: degree/master in architecture, urban development;
Work: at least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian and development organizations as project manager
Language proficiency: excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Required skills and experiences
-Strong communication, management and reporting skills
-Previous experience in Jordan or MENA region