INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Field Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia . Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 20/12/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Field Officer
Duty station: South and North Moldova
Starting date: 02/01/2023
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Protection Manager
Supervision of: Translators, Protection Monitors, Social Workers
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Increase protection awareness among refugees fleeing Ukraine to find safe haven in Moldova and most vulnerable groups and provide access to community-based protection services delivered by INTERSOS, including PFA and specialized PSS. It also aims at strengthening the capacity of the local community CBOs in protection-related subjects.
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Protection Manager, the Field Officer coordinate the Mobile Protection Teams organizing the work schedule, supervising their activities and facilitating the teams activities in field.
Support the Protection Manager particularly acting as liaison with all relevant authorities and protection activities stakeholders.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Organize the activities and working schedule of Mobile Protection Teams (MPTs)
- Monitor and supervise the MPTs activities and performance
- Support and assist the daily activities of the MPTs in the field
- Report on the MPTs daily activities
- Report on conditions on the ground
- Collect relevant project data
- Liaise with relevant authorities and project stakeholders in the geographical area of competency, make and maintain contacts
- Coordinate at field level with partners and relevant stakeholders
- Support the Protection Manager in understanding priorities and planning protection activities
- Assist the Protection Manager in compiling due reports
- Conduct meetings at filed level
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Support sensitization, information dissemination and awareness raising activities
Required profile and experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences,Law, Humanitarian Law or similar
- One year of relevant working experience in the protection sector
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees and returnees
- Knowledge of international protection in the humanitarian context
- Knowledge in other protection areas (i.e. case management, psychosocial support activities etc.)
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong report-writing skills
- Romanian/Ukrainian/Russian desirable
- Experience or willingness to travel and work in remote, rural locations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Self-driven and able to work in new, unstructured environments
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Teamwork and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/63760b24a9c141002153c105/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.