INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Medical Referent da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 5 mesi. Scadenza candidature 10/03/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Medical Referent
Duty station: Poltava, roving to different field offices
Starting date: 13/03/23
Contract duration: 5 months
Reporting to: Medical Coordinator
Supervision of: Medical Activity Managers
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then, millions of people have spread within the country, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to provide emergency humanitarian relief, INTERSOS entered Ukraine shortly after the outbreak of the conflict and set up its first emergency response operations.
Currently INTERSOS team in Ukraine consists of 225 staff, operating across 5 bases, covering operational areas of: Lviv, Vinnytsia, Poltava, Odesa, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv and Donetsk Oblasts providing protection and medical assistance to internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities, and life-saving humanitarian assistance to persons in highest needs in frontline and newly accessible areas.
General purpose of the position
Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the mission in accordance with INTERSOS protocols as well as coordinating human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by INTERSOS.
Is responsible for the coordination of medical activities and resources in the mission if there is not the presence of a Medical Coordinator and a Deputy Medical Coordinator
Main responsibilities and tasks
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, the Medical Coordinator/Deputy Medical Coordinator as well as the rest of team (s), PMR defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, and applies standards and protocols. S/he participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and supports defining medical operational priorities when needed) and supports development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors in coordination with MedCo.
- Supervises the Medical Activity Managers, ensuring a homogeneous mission programme approach and management across all projects, and guaranteeing a good quality of medical activities.
- In coordination with the Country Medical Coordinator and Project Managers, establishes and maintains regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, medical actors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the target areas.
- Proactively participates in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies.
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis, and reporting to the Medical Coordination through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to help ensuring a proper monitoring of the program.
- Provide technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports, and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards in collaboration with MedCo.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HR department/MedCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the program in order to ensure both sizing the amount of knowledge required and improve staffs capabilities
- In close coordination with the MedCo and Project Managers and clusters, develops and establishes internal and external functional and effective referral and coordination mechanisms at field level
- Together with MedCo, implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, supports management of any medical evacuation in order to ensure INTERSOS staff health.
- In coordination with MedCo/Deputy MedCo and HQ Medical Unit is the focal person in case of absence of the Medical Coordinator and Deputy Medical Coordinator to coordinate medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…)
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
Minimum 2 year’s relevant work experience as Medical Referent in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Mission language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- English mandatory
- Russian or Ukrainian preferable.
- Leadership, people management and development
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.