INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Human Resources Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia . Durata 8 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 20/04/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Duty station: Chisinau, with frequent travels to field locations
Starting date: 30/04/2023
Contract duration: until 31/12/2023
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Human resources department
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Since February 24 till April 25, a total of 433,214 Refugee Arrivals have been registered in Moldova, of which 101,331 are staying in Moldova.
Between March 3 and 4, INTERSOS started the first activities in support of the population in transit in Moldova at the borders, in the South East of the country, with operational headquarters in the capital Chisinau. In the border point of Palanca, as in the nearby border point of Tudora, INTERSOS ensure, in cooperation with UNHCR, protection activities: identification of vulnerable people, referral, direct psychosocial support and information. In the cities of Ștefan Vodă and Căplani, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, INTERSOS has launched an intervention in support of local health centers and general practitioners through the deployment of mobile medical teams in five areas of Ștefan Vodă district. In chisinau and northern area Intersos collaborates with ECHO with support to protection activities as well with the ROMA community.
General purpose of the position
In collaboration with the HOM contribute to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensure the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve missions goals effectively, according to INTERSOS human resources vision and values.
Work in close collaboration with the HQ Regional HR Coordinator to supervise all the aspects of the National staffs management, the definition of policies and strategies and the development in order to build up the career strategy and possibilities of expatriation.
Work in close collaboration with the mission HR department ensuring that INTERSOS is a Responsible employer in the missions of the area, supporting the proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of the HR Administrative issues in the missions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Ensure INTERSOS manages the Human Resources as a Responsible Employer:
- Is responsible for all human resources management issues of the missions, ensuring they are aligned with HR policies and Responsible Employer frame
- Ensures implementation and revision of all HR Policies for international staffs adapting standard INTERSOS policies to the missions
- Works in close collaboration with the HQ Regional HR Coordinator to develop local policies defining or adapting INTERSOS standard policies to the missions
Analysis of Human Resources needs:
- Contributes to plan and define the Human Resources needs in coordination with the HOM (International and National) in the missions, analysing local capacities and supporting on identifying the optimum team set-up to properly achieve mission’s objectives and identifying key indicators in order to follow up the results, and revise the HR plan accordingly
- In coordination with the HOM defines HR strategies at missions level for the National staffs to ensure the missions count with the capacities and competences needed, in the short, mid and long term (recruitment, remuneration, management and learning development plans)
- Provides advices and technical expertise to the HOM and relevant Coordinators, in order to design job profiles, organizational charts and decision-making channels for international and national positions
Support to local recruitment:
- Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs and objectives of the missions as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of labour market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to develop within the missions/organization
- Supervises the HR Manager ensuring that local staffs in the missions are properly recruited and that all staffs are managed according to INTERSOS HR vision, policies and values, and provides support and technical advice to the different Coordinators in order to grant fulfilment and coherence
Management of Human Resources (International and National):
- Defines and coordinates the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all field and coordination teams, organizing personnel meetings and broadcasting INTERSOS values and vision, in order to boost team building, people commitment, active participation and adherence to INTERSOS values
- Ensures systematic briefings of all International staffs in the missions and keep regular contacts to support them
- Provides expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…)
- Facilitates the resolution of conflicts among missions staffs and looks for a viable solution in case a direct intervention is not possible
- Makes sure that cases linked to behavioural issues are prevented, detected and managers
- Supports and coach as an expert all the Coordinators in their role of people’s managers
Management of International staffs:
- Coordinates with HQ HR Administration to follow up HR policies in particular staff separation clearance checklist, flight booking and leaves
Management of National staffs in collaboration with the HR department:
- Ensures alignment of mission’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the missions (related with future HR capacity of the organization such as supporting development of staffs beyond missions roles, promoting spaces to train new staffs (first missions) or staffs under development plans, detachment, etc…)
- Follows the HR and Administration related issues at mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.).
- Guides and supervises the HR Manager in the local implementation of a fair rewarding policy in the missions in accordance to INTERSOS policies and local regulations checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance
- Ensures a good knowledge of labour market: in terms of profiles available, level of qualifications, specificities, lead or request labour market studies and benchmarking studies
Follow up of legal requirements:
- Supports the HOM and the coordination to comply with the HR legal requirements of the specific country
- Supervises and manages administrative processes for all staffs and manage conflicts when they appear, in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness
- Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework
- Represents INTERSOS in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for HR Administration related issues
Required profile and experience
- Master degree in Human resources or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of HR management experience in NGO sector
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- Understanding of sourcing tool
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- English fluent
- Local languages are an asset
- Communication skills
- Problem solving attitude
- Decision making skills
- Integrity and collaboration
- Compliance to humanitarian principles
- Organisational skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/63e4bb2e2a2439001281c41f/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format and including a short motivational letter (max. 200 characters). Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.