Istituto Oikos sta selezionando un/a Financial Reporting Assistant da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico . Durata 3 mesi. Scadenza candidature 19/03/2023
Istituto Oikos (www.istituto‐oikos.org) founded in Milan in 1996, operates in Europe and in developing countries to promote the responsible management of natural resources and to spread more sustainable life models as tools for socio-economic development and to fight against poverty. Vision: a future in which ecology, economy, equity are integrated, reconciling the needs of man and the environment. Mission: To help preserve ecosystems by promoting development with professionalism, innovation and participation. Istituto Oikos has a PSEA policy that the successful candidate must respect and promote.
Position: Financial Reporting Assistant
Contract type: Co.Co.Co.
Remuneration: to be defined according to work experience and qualifications
Benefit provided: round trip flight, visa, insurance and accommodation (guest house)
Duration: 3 months short-term mission
Starting date: April 2023
Duty station: Pemba (Cabo Delgado, Mozambique)
Under the supervision of the HQ Administrative Supervisor and Country Coordinator, s/he:
- supports the general administrative activities of Istituto Oikos in Mozambique, with particular reference to the financial aspects and the monthly accounting duties;
- verifies the compliance of administrative procedures with respect to donors’ and organisation’s needs;
- supports the financial reporting process and ensures the correct compilation, archiving and eventual sending to donors of the accounting documentation;
- monitors the cash flow and prepare monthly cash reconciliations, based on the organization’s procedures;
- supports the procurement processes and the collection of correct documentation;
- collaborates in the preparation of contracts for local suppliers or service providers.
- education in economics, finance, accounting, administration or equivalent;
- attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines;
- aptitude to quickly understand and put into practice the indications received;
- good communication and team working skills;
- good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel;
- good knowledge of Italian and English.
- knowledge of Portuguese (“learning by speaking” approach is also appreciated);
- experiences (not necessarily working) in developing countries, especially in Africa.
The research is of an urgent nature, therefore immediate availability to leave is required, subject to the handling of the pre-departure formalities
To apply interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of motivation (maximum 1 page) with authorization to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to email@example.com, indicating the Vacancy Notice n. FRA/MZ/23 in the subject line.
Deadline: 19 March 2023
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Istituto Oikos reserves the right not to hire or employ an applicant if the recruitment process or background check reveals that the applicant has been previously reported for a SEA incident or is not suitable to work with beneficiaries. Istituto Oikos will not hire or employ anyone with a prior conviction for SEA or related offence.
This selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).