VIS VOLONTARIATO INTERNAZIONALE PER LO SVILUPPO sta selezionando un/a Country Finance Admin Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 12/02/2024
Position: Country Finance Admin Manager
Duty station: Lviv with frequent travelling to project area (at least 40%)
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Report to: Program Manager in country and technically to the Finance Desk officer
Supervision of: nr. 2 Accountants and nr.1 Procurement Officer
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Shortly after the outbreak of the conflict, VIS with the support of the Salesians Partner in Ukraine set up its emergency response from April 2022. Currently, the team in Ukraine is operating across two main operational hubs in Lviv for the West and in Dnipro for the East. All VIS interventions are embedded in a programmatic approach to respond to the multisectoral needs of the conflict-affected population, focusing on Protection, Education in Emergency, MHPSS, Health, Food Security and NFIs response serving internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities in areas of displacement, and with emergency humanitarian assistance in frontline. The project portfolio in Ukraine is supported by different donors and in line with its localization strategy, VIS works mainly in collaboration and coordination with the Salesians congregations and other partners across all oblasts of intervention. In the East main areas of intervention are: Dnipro, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia.
S/he has to guarantee the correct, transparent and effective administrative-accounting management of the VIS interventions in Ukraine. Furthermore, s/he will be responsible for ensuring the efficient organization of the local offices, from a logistical point of view and the administrative management of the local staff. S/he will have to ensure the compliance of the projects with the requirements set out in the agreements with donors and with the administrative and financial internal procedures of the VIS.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Country Finance Admin Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Elaborate the financial plan of the projects, in accordance with the Finance Desk Officer and Program Manager, collect any estimates and on-site valuations.
- Contribute to the formulation of requests for on-site submissions by the Program Manager.
- Ensure correct management of the administrative and accounting documents of the projects, including that required by the auditors and by the donor;
- Ensure proper management of cash registers, bank current accounts and related reconciliation on a monthly basis;
- Update and check the local PN, VIS management software (SQUARE) and send the current account statements & cash registers, reconciliation to the Finance Desk Officer.
- Ensure correct administrative management of the national staff (salaries, contracts, holidays, permits…);
- Ensure the direct management and training of the national administrative staff.
- Monitor the economic-financial performance of the projects in collaboration with the Program Manager and Project Manager, drawing up financial plans, purchase plans and reporting any deviations from the approved budget.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for the implementation of procedures envisaged for purchases and works (estimates, tenders, assignments, etc.).
- Process the interim and final financial reports, under the supervision of the Finance Desk Officer and in conjunction with Program Manager. In case of on-site donor, management of relations with auditors, presentation of the report and sending of additions and changes requested by the donor in agreement with Program Manager and Finance Desk Officer.
- Keep the inventory of all assets owned by the VIS constantly updated and, if necessary, manage stocks in an appropriate warehouse, avoiding damage to the stored assets.
- Keep the list of reliable local suppliers and contracts stipulated with suppliers constantly updated, so that it can be used during the procedure for purchasing goods and services.
- Keep the contact list of the Mission’s expatriate and local staff constantly updated and send it to Human Resources with each update.
Knowledge and skills:
- Master Degree in Economics, Management, Political Sciences and International Relations, or other related/relevant fields
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in administrative-accounting management of humanitarian project/program, including financial management and logistics responsibilities.
- Minimum 1 year experience in complex emergency settings and insecure countries
- Previous experience of financial reporting of projects funded by institutional donors (AICS is desirable)
- Working experience with accounting software (Square desirable), excellent knowledge of the Microsoft package, with particular reference to Excel
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, diplomatic skills, and problem-solving
- Commitment to VIS and Salesians Partners value and principles.
Abilities and psychological attitude:
- Ability to supervise and monitor the economic-financial aspects
- Ability to coordinate and supervise local staff in accordance with the laws in force in the country;
- Ability to train local staff through learning-by-doing (training on the job)
- Ability to work under pressure and in difficult and emergency contexts
- Ability to work and interact permanently with religious counterparts
How to Apply:
To send the application fill out the form specifying the role: Country Fin Admin Manager UKR 2607
we require the CV, motivation letter and References (at least 2 contacts). Deadline is February 12th
Only profiles that meet the requirements will be contacted.