INTERSOS ORGANIZZAZIONE UMANITARIA sta selezionando un/a Project Officer – Palermo da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 4 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 24/10/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Officer
Duty station: Palermo
Starting date: 11/01/2023
Contract duration: 4 months, renewable
Reporting to: Project Manager
Dependents: Non-family duty station
Benefit: Shared guesthouse
General context of the project
INTERSOS has been active in Italy since 2011 with protection, socio-health care and promotion of socio-economic inclusion projects, supporting people in conditions of extreme vulnerability, including unaccompanied foreign minors (MSNA), survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), sexual and labor exploitation. Interventions are currently ongoing in Sicily, Puglia, Lazio and Piedmont.
In Palermo, INTERSOS has been operational since June 2023 with the Accùra Community Care Clinic and a Mobile Medical Unit within the Reach-Out project, co-funded by the European Commission and also active in Malta and Greece. The Accùra project aims to provide socio-health care in a fixed form to ensure socio-health coverage for people who do not have access to local services (migrants on the move, non-integrated migrants, marginalized individuals and/or communities). Through the Mobile Medical Unit, the project intends to contribute concretely to ensuring integrated health care for marginalized and “hard-to-reach” people (disadvantaged groups, third-country nationals, seasonal workers, homeless people, people with substance use addiction, trans and sex workers) and, at the same time, to the fight against the diseases of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and sexually transmitted diseases, through the provision of direct services and dissemination of accessible information on prevention, treatment and care.
The overall goal of the project is to increase health response and community awareness of access to basic health and social services, and at the same time, through institutional advocacy action and by implementing a network of referral pathways, to foster better and more inclusive approaches by health authorities to respond to the health needs of people in need.
General purpose of the position
Provide technical support to project design, planning, administration, logistics, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, data analysis and reporting, and enhance teamwork and capacity building in order to ensure the delivery of quality aid to beneficiaries and their communities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Project Officer will work under the supervision of the Project Manager:
- Follow up and update the project activities and work plans, ensuring timely and quality updates in compliance with the organization’s defined plans and donor guidelines;
- Participate and support the implementation of relevant project activities, including assessment and monitoring;
- Analyze the results of the assessment and provide data to support the Management in developing intervention strategies and budget;
- Support the writing of project proposals, budgets, and project plans;
- Support MEAL activities when/if requested, quality data collection and analysis related to project indicators;
- Attend regular meetings with project stakeholders, partners and field staff;
- Participate in coordination meetings if requested, representing INTERSOS, its core values and mission;
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
- Collect and check project financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets, etc) and guarantee the delivery of them in coordination with the finance office;
- Follow-up the payment of suppliers, goods and facilities, in coordination with the finance and logistics departments;
- Support the Project Manager in the administrative aspects of the HR recruitment process;
- Complete other financial and administrative tasks upon request.
- Organize logistics of field visits, official visits and new arrivals in the mission
- Support and deliver the procurement process of goods and services for project activities, in coordination with the logistics department, following internal and donor procedures.
- Collect, organize and analyze project data and produce reports;
- Contribute to regular reports on project interventions (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and follow up with colleagues for its preparation;
- Contribute to regular financial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and follow up with relevant colleagues for its preparation;
Any additional tasks delegated by the Project Manager
Required profile and experience
- Bachelor in International Affairs, Development, Health Studies, International Political Economy or other relevant field;
- Masters in Development, Global Health, International Studies, Health Management, Business and Administration studies or relevant to the position will be considered an added value.
- 1 year of work experience in humanitarian/development projects and settings;
- Experience in dealing with project cycle management tasks
- Experience and/or familiarity with financial and logistics tasks;
- Experience and/or strong interest in migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, sex workers, and vulnerable populations aid;
- Prior experience with NGOs, third-sector organizations and initiatives, preferably with health and protection projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of project cycle management and related phases;
- Strong writing and editing skills, both in English and Italian, with attention to details;
- Analytical, research and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Italian (C1 speaking – C2 writing) and English (C1 speaking – C2 writing) required;
- Other languages will be considered an added value.
- Ability to work autonomously and under supervision
- Learning-oriented attitude;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Open, humble and positive attitude in working and living in multicultural teams;
- Behavioral flexibility;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Results and quality orientation;
- Proactiveness and creativity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of principles, standards and best practices of humanitarian interventions;
- Adherence to INTERSOS principles.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/lavora-con-noi-italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/651ff9db3293cd002a8e7de5/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.