Local Operator – Assisted Voluntary Repatriation and Reintegration (AVR & R)
Closing Date: April 8th 2019
Duty Station: Lagos, , with availability to travel on the national territory based on the destination chosen by the returnees
Period: the activities listed below will last six months to allow achievement of the IRPs of each returnee and, in any case, until December 31, 2021.
Starting Date: May 1st 2019
As a partner for the Ivory Coast and Nigeria of the “Integration of Return 4” project, led by the Italian Council for Refugees (ICR), co-financed by the Italian Ministry of the Interior and by the EU on the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund 2014-2020, AVSI intends to select a local operator in Nigeria, in charge of supporting the return and monitoring the individual reintegration plans (IRP) of migrants who have voluntarily asked to return from Italy to their own Country of origin.
Reporting to: Focal point of connection with the countries of origin (based in Italy)
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Identification of reintegration opportunities and joint definition of the IRP (Individual Reintegration Plan) with the lead institution and the returnee;
- Airport assistance upon arrival in the country of origin;
- Provision of the reintegration contribution in goods and services for the implementation of the IRP;
- Reporting and support, where possible, to other local services;
- Ongoing monitoring of the reintegration path;
- Delivery to the returnees of the evaluation questionnaires on the effectiveness of the intervention carried out;
- Reporting activity;
- Management and transmission of accounting documentation
These activities shall be conducted for an estimated number of at least 40 returnees. Compensation will be determined based on the actual number of returnees supported.
Qualifications and skills:
- a) high school diploma, minimum;
- b) general experience in international cooperation, minimum> 8 years, preferably:> 10 years
- c) knowledge of English (written and oral)
Criterion of preference will be the following skills and qualifications:
– previous experience in similar positions and consortium work
– experience in international cooperation> 10 years
– previous work experience in Nigeria
– immediate availability
– interest in working in Nigeria on a longer perspective
– adaptability to working and living conditions
– strong negotiation and conflict management skills
– alignment with the pace of work and safety standards
The minimum 8 years experience is a non-negotiable element to apply for this position.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees
- First date of availability to take up place in the field