Emergency Education Project Manager – Mozambico
Closing Date: April 23th 2019
Duty Station: Beira, with availability to travel
Period: 12th months
Starting Date: May, 2019
AVSI Foundation is currently assessing the humanitarian situation and planning the emergency response to the cyclone Idai. Thematic focus will be on EiE, protection, nutrition and basic assistance.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
In order to reinforce our existing team, we look for a humanitarian aid professional who will be responsible and accountable for coordinating and managing emergency activities in EiE and protection.
Reporting to: Cyclone Idai Emergency Coordinator and Country Representative
Qualifications and skills:
- Degree in cooperation, international relations or similar academic
- experience in humanitarian contexts, minimum > 4 years, preferably > 10 years;
- knowledge of English (written and oral).
Criterion of preference will be the following skills and qualifications:
- immediate availability
- adaptability to working and living conditions
- strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- alignment with the pace of work and safety standards
- Knowledge of portuguese
The minimum 4 years experience is a non-negotiable element to apply for this position.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees
- First date of availability to take up place in the field