Capo Progetto WaSH – oPt
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification systems, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes. Management and construction of a municipal solid waste system and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron, Bethlehem and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, UNRWA and HIF – Humanitarian Innovation Fund.
The collaboration will start in mid-June 2019.
The main duty station will be in Hebron.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the HoM and in close coordination with the Head of Programme and Country Administrator.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project activities under the supervision of the Head of Program
- S/He will coordinate the local operational staff
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvi’s procedures and rules
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided
- S/He will actively participate in the Wash Cluster
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders
- University degree in human right law, social science, development studies or another relevant topic
- Minimum 2/3 years’ project management experience in NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Experience in wash (water, sanitation and hygiene) management projects
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English – written and spoken
- Graduated or Postgraduate studies with specialization in wash
- Prior experience in OPT and/or other complex areas in the Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.