Case Management Specialist – Mozambico
Title: Case Management Specialist
Closing Date: 11/08/2019
Duty Station: Pemba
Starting Date: asap
Reporting to: Cyclone Idai Emergency Coordinator and Country Representative
Responsible of developing curricula and programmes for training, ensuring the quality of all protection activities under the project, supervising and mentoring field staff, including partners, and advising management on protection issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support, training, mentoring and in job coaching to field staff, CBO/SDC staff and community leaders
- Lead on the development of programmes, curricula and trainings under protection/GBV, in collaboration with external consultants/HQ
- Support the case mangers in the identification of beneficiaries and suitable sites/locations for the implementation of project activities and participate in needs assessments and collecting relevant data
- Develop protection-specific monitoring tools and monitor and evaluate activities accordingly, together with M&E staff
- Contribute to donor reports and protection-specific reports and evaluations
- When needed, represent AVSI in the coordination with relevant authorities, donors, NGOs and other stakeholders, at the local and, if needed, at the national level
Qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Psychology or equivalent;
- Experience in humanitarian contexts, minimum > 5 years, preferably: > 10 years;
- Knowledge of English and Portuguese (written and oral).
Criterion of preference will be the following skills and qualifications:
- Immediate availability
- Adaptability to working and living conditions
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Alignment with the pace of work and safety standards
The minimum 5 years experience is a non-negotiable element to apply for this position.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees
- First date of availability to take up place in the field