Capo Missione – Mozambico
Cesvi has been working in Mozambique since 2000, in partnership with local NGOs, local government authorities and communities.
Since 2009 Cesvi works in Sofala Province supporting rural development and strengthening agricultural systems involving local farmer’s associations, implementing projects funded by the EU and by the Italian Cooperation.
As Alliance2015 member, in Mozambique Cesvi with Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe decided to share a common strategy and to implement projects in collaboration. The model and approach increase the response capacity as the post-disaster situation evolves. In response to the cyclone and floods, Cesvi-Alliance 2015 is expanding its operation to Sofala Province particularly in Nhamatanda District and surroundings in close collaboration with local authorities including INGC and existing farmers associations.
The collaboration will start in October 2019.
The Head of Mission will work closely with HQ Desk officer (DO) and Cesvi Regional Administrator (RA) based in Cape town (South Africa).
He/she will work in close collaboration with the RA and the PMs (both local and international).
The Head of Mission will work under the supervision of the DO based in Italy and will be in charge of the management of the mission.
- He/She will work with the Programme and Administrative Team to ensure effective systems are set up to implement ongoing activities.
- He/She will manage and coordinate relations with local and international partners, particularly with Alliance 2015 members (if present in the country).
- He/She will participate to networking meetings on behalf of Cesvi.
- He/She will promote and organize meeting with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies, in close collaboration with the Head of Program.
- He/She will supervise and manage expatriate staff, in coordination with the DO, including supporting them in the legal framework related to their presence in the country.
- He/She will supervise on all local human resources about contract, HR policies and legal/fiscal rules.
- He/She will conduct and record periodical meeting with staff to verify activities implementation, problems and getting solutions.
- He/She will ensure that Cesvi HR policies, terms and conditions are applied.
- He/She will guarantee efficient supervision of Cesvi offices.
- He/She will ensure compliance of operations with local employment law including NGO law, tax, employment, Health and Safety, Insurance and any other applicable law.
- He/She will take part in the final session of the selection for expatriate staff.
- He/She will in charge of the Country Strategy 2019 – 2021.
- He/She will monitor calls for proposal for Mozambique.
- He/She will liaise with potential donors, writing and submitting new proposals in collaboration with the Area and Project / Program Managers.
- He/She will promote and liaise with Donors, through meeting and presentations, both through taking active part to forums and workshops, and through direct organization of ad hoc meetings.
- He/She will develop new project proposals in the country referring to Cesvi’s specialization sector and in strict cooperation with the staff.
- He/She will participate and supervise the entire writing process of project proposals in close collaboration with the Area and Project / Program Managers, under the guidance of the HQ (Desk Officer).
- He/She will follow up on project proposals submitted to/being negotiated with different donors.
- He/She will guarantee the respect of Cesvi Security and others rules and regulations on security, in close collaboration with Cesvi Security Advisor.
- He/She will cooperate with the Communication and Fund Raising HQ Offices for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.
- University Degree in international studies or political science or at least 5 years post qualification experience in management position overseas in the INGOs sector;
- Good knowledge of main donors regulations ( EU, ECHO, WFP, AICS- Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development);
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Flexible and with a positive attitude;
- Proactive attitude in problem solving;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies;
- Knowledge of Portuguese written and spoken;
- Knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Prior experience in a post-emergency setting;
- Prior working experience in Mozambique;
- Understanding of development issues and organizational goals;
- Capacity building and training skills;
- Knowledge of Italian written and spoken.
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/head-of-mission-mozambique/