Logistics and Supply Chain Manager – Libano
Position: Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Closing date: September 15th, 2019
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT) is an International NGO member of the Terre des Hommes International Federation, and of several Italian NGOs coordinating bodies. Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT) assists more than 1 million children and their families and communities, in 22 countries worldwide. We implement relief and mid-term programs and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and children’s rights.
Terre des Hommes Italy works in Lebanon since 2006, where it has implemented several educational and psychosocial, emergency, relief and mid-term interventions together with its National partners in the remote and deprived areas of the Country as well as in Palestinian refugee camps and gatherings, to the benefit of the vulnerable Lebanese and Palestinian population and the Syrian Refugee community.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, with the support of various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, Private Donors, Terre des Hommes NL, Italian Development Cooperation Agency, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, BMZ among others) TDH IT has provided assistance to Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for shelter in Lebanon, as well as to the Lebanese host communities.
Within this context TDH Italia is looking for an experienced and motivated Logistics and Supply Chain Manager to join the team in Lebanon. The Logistics and Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring TDH It overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations to maximize efficiency, productivity and ensure transparency.
Position: Logistics and Supply Chain Manager – Reports to the Country Delegate
Starting date: 1st of November 2019
Duration: 6 months, renewable upon availability of funds and good performance evaluation
Duty station: Beirut, with frequent missions throughout Lebanon
Line Manager: TDH IT Country Delegate in Lebanon
Contract Type: Full time
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the logistic staff of each office in coordination with the Senior Management staff
- Make sure all Log and Supply Chain Dept members at Delegation and filed level, as well as all TDH It staff are trained and capable to correctly apply TDH It procedures according to their role
- Recruit, train, supervises and evaluates all the staff working within the Logistics and supply Chain Department within the 3 TDH It offices
- In coordination with the Heads of Operation, Support Managers and Program Managers, draft and follow up the procurement plan of each office and of the Delegation
- Supervise the management of the warehouse and the inventory of each office and of the Delegation
- Supervise and follow up the correct application of TDH It supply chain procedures at field offices and Delegation level
- Revise and update TDH It supplier database to facilitate procurement procedures and ensure the selection of trustworthy suppliers
- In coordination with the Country Administrator, revise and update TDH It procedures and templates and ensure their compliance with TDH It and donors’ requirements, suggesting solution for process improvements, identifying bottlenecks and implementing solutions in a timely manner
- Revise procurement dossiers, contracts and other related documents prior to their submission to the Delegate or to other authorized staff
- Supervise the fleet management of Delegation
- Oversee the rehabilitation, maintenance and management of TDH premises, including offices, warehouses and guesthouses. The Logistics and Supply Chain Manager ensures that TDH property, including the fleet, means of communication and other equipment are purchased, used, replaced, and disposed in accordance with TDH and donors’ policies and procedures
- Support the preparation, planning and revision of the budgets with regard to logistics and supply chain processes in coordination with TDH It PMs and HoOs
- Organize the filing and archiving of all relevant documents
- In coordination with the HoOs, support the Country admin in the preparation of financial and narrative reports to donors
- Attend Log/Procurement coordination meetings and workshops at national and regional level and/or organize others’ participation; share minutes with concerned staff
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least a BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field
- Proven knowledge of Supply Chain Management and main donors’ procedures
- At least 5 years of previous professional experience in a similar role
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in a managerial position within an INGO; previous working experience in Lebanon or in the MENA region is an asset
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work within and motivate the team
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset; knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Sound computer skills, with high proficiency in excel
- Sound organizational and time management skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and patient when challenged by difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
Only applications from holders of passports allowing easy entry into the Country will be considered. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (indicating at least three references) to: email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference LEB 07-2019
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered
The deadline for receiving applications is the 15th of September 2019. Applications received after that date will not be considered
TDH Italy apologizes in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.