Project Manager in Education – Libano
Position: Project Manager – Education
Starting date: ASAPDuration: 12 monthsDuty station: Lebanon (Based in Zahle)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 22 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people (2018).
Since the beginning of the Syria crisis, with the support of various donors (ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, Private Donors, Terre des hommes NL) TDH IT has provided assistance to Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for shelter in Lebanon, as well as to the Lebanese host communities. At present we work in North and South Lebanon, in Beqaa and Mount Lebanon as well as in the Palestinian Refugee Camps.
Within this context, Terre des Hommes Italia is looking for an experienced Project Manager for an Education intervention funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) to be implemented in the Beqaa Valley and in the Beirut and Mount Lebanon District in partnership with local organizations. The candidate shall have a proven experience in managing mid-term interventions in ME countries, with a focus on Education and/or Child Protection. She/he is required to have advanced communication and negotiation skills, a perfect command of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ financial and administrative procedures, as well as the ability to work in partnership with organizations and institutions of different backgrounds.
The expatriate Project Manager in Education will be in charge of managing the partnership with the local partners and authorities, planning the project activities, supervising their implementation and reporting, while ensuring their qualitative and quantitative compliance with the project document, as approved by the donor.
In particular she/he will be in charge of:
- Managing the relationship with the local authorities. This includes: 1.1 Present the project to the Lebanese Local authorities and communities in the areas of intervention 1.2 Draft, negotiate and sign, if any, the MOUs with local partners/local authorities in Lebanon, stating roles, tasks and responsibilities of both parties
- Security and Coordination. The PM will: 2.1 Attend coordination meetings and clusters with INGOs at the area level 2.2 Participate in defining the security rules for project staff (local and expat) and ensure their implementation.
- Managing the HR of TDH project’s staff, which includes: 3.1 Draft the TOR of the project’s staff and taking part to their recruitment 3.2 Identify possible areas of weakness and plan for on-the-job trainings in coordination with the Delegation’s experts
- Calling for and leading regular meetings with the Project leading committee with the aim of: 4.1 Design activity plans and regularly revise their implementation. 4.2 Regularly collect the information and the reports required in accordance with the monitoring tools approved 4.3 Monitor the expenditure pace and ensure its compliance with the project document and the yearly/quarterly plans
- Administration: with the support of the administrator, the PM is responsible for: 5.1 Budget management and follow-up 5.2 The sound implementation and monitoring of TDH It and the Donor’s administrative procedures 5.3 Follow TDH It internal administrative guidelines 5.4 Define quarterly and monthly plans of expenditures according to the project’s budget and the plan of activities 5.5. Reporting to donor and HQ.
- Maintaining the relationship with the donor. This involves: 6.1 Facilitating the donor’s field monitoring visits based on the plan approved by the PLC. 6.2 Drafting the interim and final reports as requested by the Donor, and any further report which may be requested.
- Ensuring Project Visibility. This involves: 7.1 Ensuring that all projects sites are provided with visibility materials 7.2 Ensuring that communities and stakeholders are aware of the subjects funding and/or implementing the project 7.3 Providing the Delegation’s Communication Officer with regular updates and documentation (written, photographic, video etc..) in order for them to promote the project via their standard channels.
Finally, the PM will be responsible to ensure the donor, TDH It and local partners, if any, of the following:
– The intervention respects the dignity and autonomy of the people involved;
– The intervention respects the donor’s guidelines, regarding disability, gender-related issues, child protection standards, and communication modalities;
– The intervention is in line with TDH Italia management procedure in respect of the Code of Conduct, concerning the pursuit of children’s rights, impartiality, neutrality and independence of the humanitarian action operating with no discrimination of religious, political and gender nature, and promoting the equality of individuals.
- BA acquired since at least 5 years
- Perfect Command of the Italian(written and spoken) and the English languages. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of professional experiencein managing mid-term interventions abroad; previous working experience in Lebanon and/or in the management of AICS-funded emergency projects and/or in the management of education actions is an asset
- Perfect knowledge of all the phases of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ procedures, including those of the Italian Agency for International Cooperation.
- Ability to work in partnership with local organizations and under stressful conditions
- Ability to work in team
- Problem solving skills
- Good IT skills with high proficiency in word and excel
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 08-2019
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered
The deadline for receiving applications is the 22nd of September 2019. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.