Emergency Project Manager – Mozambico
Title: Emergency Project Manager
Closing Date: 30/12/2019
Duty Station: Beira, with availability to travel
Period: variable, 3-6 months
Starting Date: asap
AVSI Foundation is currently assessing the humanitarian situation and planning the emergency response to the cyclone Idai. Thematic focus will be on EiE, protection, nutrition and basic assistance.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
In order to reinforce our existing team, we look for a humanitarian aid professional who will be responsible and accountable for coordinating and managing specific emergency activities.
Reporting to: Cyclone Idai Emergency Coordinator and Country Representative
Qualifications and skills:
- high school diploma, minimum;
- experience in humanitarian contexts, minimum > 5 years, preferably: > 10 years;
- knowledge of English and Portuguese (written and oral).
Criterion of preference will be the following skills and qualifications:
- immediate availability
- adaptability to working and living conditions
- strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- alignment with the pace of work and safety standards
The minimum 5 years experience is a non-negotiable element to apply for this position.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to email@example.com
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees
- First date of availability to take up place in the field