Junior Accountant – Haiti
Title: Junior Accountant
Closing Date: 28/12/2019
Starting Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Operation Manager
- The job executes tasks in order to learn the work approach, the processes and procedures in vigor within AVSI branch;
- To enhance the skills and the capacities development of a fresh graduate through joining the AVSI’s office daily work.
- Assist the Finance Manager in reporting, posting and processing journal entries to ensure all projects’ transactions recorded;
- Support Finance Manager in quality financial reporting;
- Support Cash Controller in bank reconciliations;
- Perform regular financial reports.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all accounting information by recording transactions, analyzing General ledger accounts and reconciling all types of accounts. In addition to assigning the activity cost expenditures to the correct and relevant GL account. And verification of all supporting documents in compliance with AVSI Rules
- Calculation and application of the Donor mandatory exchange to the financial report;
- To assist the financial department in financial reporting;
- To assist the financial department in projects’ loans reconciliation;
- To assist the financial department in internal controls on transactions and their allocation into the budget lines;
- To assist the financial department in filing and managing the support documentation for project’s reporting;
- To review financial information for identifying potential budget amendments;
- To perform other related duties as assigned for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Previous experience in the administrative/accounting sector appreciated;
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent;
- Strong capacities of financial management and planning;
- Leadership and training skills;
- Managing and organizational skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Proficient knowledge of French (written and oral).
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to email@example.com
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees
- First date of availability to take up place in the field