Project Manager Campaigning e Comunicazione – Italia
Cesvi has always paid a lot of attention to the awareness of young people as the citizens of today and tomorrow, in attempting to spread a culture of solidarity and to offer them tools for cultural change. The aim is to give them a leading role in a future of equitable and sustainable development.
Cesvi’s awareness campaigns aim to inform and stimulate direct participation by Italian and European civil society to the end that discussion and action on SDGs go beyond single citizens to reach businesses, journalists, manufacturers, politicians and decision makers in both Italy and the European Union. Today’s education and cultural change lead to tomorrow’s social change.
Project Title: 1Planet4All – Empowering youth, living EU values, tackling climate change
Location: Europe (12 EU Member states, including Italy)
Objective of the project: to raise awareness and critical understanding of European youth in 12 EU member states about climate change as a global threat to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and inspire their active engagement in concrete actions for safe, inclusive and “climate-smart” communities.
A European campaign across 12 countries to inspire a new generation of young leaders to act as active citizens across the EU to encourage people to raise awareness on climate change, and to take action in their own daily lives and with decision makers. It will inspire a cohort of young leaders, both directly and indirectly through teachers, educators, youth leaders, parents and influencers to act as multipliers in their countries to turn concern into action. Partners will show concrete examples of fieldwork; stories of people affected by climate change and migration, and show the impact on them of European policies, consumer and corporate behaviour and effective solutions.
The collaboration will start in January 2020.
The main duty station will be Cesvi office in Bergamo, with frequent travels in Italy and Europe.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Head of communication and fundraising department and in close coordination with the Campaigning Coordinator.
S/he has the responsibility to ensure the effective, efficient and timely day-to-day implementation of the project.
- Implementation of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the Campaigning Coordinator
- Regular coordination of the leading agency and other EU partners’ teams
- Regular relations with Italian stakeholders and local partners involved in the action
- Direct coordination of project’s staff in agreement with the Campaigning Coordinator recommendations, ensuring alignment with administrative and security matters.
- Contribution to the development of campaigning and communication plan of the project in accordance with the Campaigning Coordinator
- Preparation of the project procurement plan and fully respect of EU procurement procedures and purchases in collaboration with Cesvi Administration and Legal Departments
- Collection and analysis of data from the partners/beneficiaries/stakeholders and preparation of intermediate and final reports (narrative and financial ones) in collaboration with the Project Accountant
- Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period
- Support Cesvi staff in the organization of learning, knowledge and lessons coming from project for planning further programs
- University or postgraduate degree in education, political science or any related fields
- Minimum 2 years’ project management experience in NGO environment, including experience in directing and implementing programs in both communication and campaigning areas
- Solid knowledge of NGO procedures and operations
- Solid knowledge of the project cycle management
- Ability to produce timely and high quality narrative reports
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary planning and control
- Solid capacity in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Experience in communication campaigns and active engagement of youth
- Good Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Fluency in English
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Available to travel (in Italy and Europe)
- Prior experience with projects under EC DEAR (Development Education and Awareness Raising) calls
- Direct knowledge of communication tools (on line and off line)
- Good Knowledge of participation methodologies for engaging youth
- Interest in Climate change related-issues
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process, which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.