Capo Progetto – Iraq
Vacancy Project Manager – Iraq
Position: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: January 2020
Average Salary Range: 1.650-2.600 according to seniority
Period: 12 months
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Originally called Un Ponte Per Baghdad (a bridge to Baghdad), the association later became simply Un Ponte Per, after expanding its work into Serbia and Kosovo, as well as other countries in the Middle East and Mediterranean. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions. UPP, which strongly rejects war as a solution to international conflicts, exerts relentless efforts to attain peace and solidarity among people via encouraging encounters between different cultures, languages, religions and traditions with the ultimate objective of developing a more equal and peaceful coexistence. UPP works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organisations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants.
The current UPP fields of work/programme in Iraq are the following: Mental Health and Psycho-social support for Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs residing in camps and in the hosting communities – Protection and Valorisation of tangible and intangible cultural Heritage – Formal and non-formal educational programmes – Peace building and Social Cohesion among the communities affected by military struggle with Daesh (ISIS) – Advocacy initiative working to build concrete links of solidarity between international civil society organizations and the growing Iraqi civil society.
The intervention aims at strengthening the provision of MHPSS services in Erbil Governorate refugee camps and urban areas.
Terms of references
Un Ponte Per is looking for one Project Manager that will be responsible for the following major tasks:
- Setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Ensuring the overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
- Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
- Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
- Identifing new project opportunities in coordination with the Line Management.
Competencies and assets required
- Relevant university degree (Political or social science, international development, community development)
- 3 years professional experience in project management in international NGOs
- Good command of programme and project management life cycle including strategic planning, development, management, monitoring and evaluation
- Good working knowledge of UN procedures
- Proven ability to cooperate and negotiate with local and institutional partners as well as government representatives
- Experience in administrative, financial and logistics management
- Excellent communication skills ability to adapt to a diverse multicultural environment
- Excellent command of English (oral and written)
- Excellent computer literacy skills
Competencies and assets desired
- Experience in the management of integrated multisector projects
- Background in Protection
- Experience in MHPSS related interventions
- Previous work experience in Iraq/Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com . Please reference; “Project Manager – Iraq” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.