Local Project Manager for CESAD Project Activities – Gambia
The European Research Institute (ERI) is implementing the CESAD Project “Circular Economy in Sustainable Agriculture Development” funded by European Commission in the North Bank Region of the Gambia, in partnership with local NGOs, Njawara Agricultural Training Center (NATC) and Agency for the Development of Women and Children (ADWAC).
The expected impact of the CESAD Project is the transformation of the agricultural sector in a profitable business, namely a sector able to generate profit for those who are occupied in it and create work opportunities for unemployed people.
Target groups of the activities are 2000 smallholders farmers (60% women – 40% youths aged between 18 and 50 years old) established in the North Bank Region.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF THE WORK
The European Research Institute (ERI) is requiring the service of one (1) collaborator to conduct specific activities within CESAD Project in The Gambia.
Scope of the work:
- Contributing to the implementation of CESAD Project activities in the North Bank Area;
- Reporting the evolution of project activities to ERI offices in Italy through periodically reports and calls;
- Draft of report and of analysis on local sector (e.g. food market, food transformation);
- Participate to public events and/or conferences in Gambia on behalf of the European Research Institute;
– Higher education diploma in social sciences, economic and local development
– Good written and oral English skills
– Good writing capacities
– Excellent knowledge of local languages
– Excellent knowledge of the intervention context
– Ability in the use of standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
– Proven work experience in the field of rural development and local development in The Gambia[at least 2 year]
– Work experience with NGOs or no-profit sector
– reliability, determination and goodwill are basic qualities to cover this job position
TYPE, DURATION AND PLACE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The present assignment is for a daily part-time job for twelve (12) months, with further possibilities to renewal. We consider as necessary an average daily employment of 5 hours, with possible changes according to specific project necessities.
The work place is Kanifing with regular trips to the North Bank Region.
To apply to this position please send CV and Motivational Letter to email@example.com
Only complete applications will be considered.