The Youth Economic Empowerment Project Manager will be a member of the Department of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs at Plan International Spain. The role is focused mainly on the Women and Youth Economic Empowerment through Sustainable Energy Project (DESFERS), a 5 years project funded by the EU. This project is focused on women economic development through the renewable energy sector in rural areas of Mali, Niger and Senegal. It is implemented in collaboration with CARE (Mali and Niger) and ACRA (Senegal) in 800 villages across the three countries, supporting around 6.000 women-led Income Generating Activities (IGAs). The overall budget to de managed is about 9,5 M€.
The actions focus on three main axes:
- Capacity building for different actors (including IMF, electrical operators, women taking part in income generating activities) on entrepreneurial skills and technical management of renewable energy systems as well as in agriculture technique.
- Access to renewable energy services (including installation and operations) and financial opportunities though IMFs.
- Creation of an enabling environment that favours and supports women agency around income generation activities through renewable energy (mainly PV) at local and national level.
In strict collaboration with the project manager(s), the candidate will:
- Coordinate and operate the financial administration, reporting and auditing of DESFERS project, which includes:
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets and reports for tracking expenditure and reporting to Donors.
- Ensuring that project expenditures are adequately tracked according to the agreed project budgets.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and lead reconciliation, budget analysis and projections as required.
- Preparing and monitoring requests for transfers of funds to implementing partners.
- Keeping relevant program staff informed of incoming and outgoing funds.
- Liaise with Plan International Country Offices and international partners accounting and finance staff on the timely provision of quarterly/annually financial reports.
- Prepare the quarterly/annual Financial Report at the time of requesting the advance of funds on the basis of a corresponding work plan and budget.
- Monitor payment requests within the Project; obtain necessary clearances and ensure payments are affected promptly.
- Manage funds in conformity with the administrative and financial procedures of Plan International and the donor (EU/DEVCO).
- Maintain accurate banking records, act as a liaison with financial department to perform bank payment orders Preparation of financial records for annual auditing processes.
- Manage the intermediate audit as well as the after-donor closure (evaluation and financial audit) in collaboration with the auditing firm foreseen by DESFERS.
- Work with local PLAN offices and partners to respond to audit findings and highlight the risks and concerns of the project evaluation.
- Close collaboration with the other functional areas of the organization both in Spain, and in the field with Country Offices, which includes field visits to verify progress, consistency and level of compliance. Availability to travel.
- Proactively identify problem areas or potential problems, making recommendations to address problems before they impact the project; Develop action plans and follow up with stakeholders to ensure that issues have been addressed.
- Support to Green Solutions Hub Coordinator/Project Managers in Plan Spain/Plan Italy for the requirements fulfilments of any donor for the previously implemented/ongoing projects as well as during the preparation and review of project proposals. To ensure that they comply with the standards and regulations required by the different donors from programmatic / technical economic / financial points of view.
- Travel for supporting local PLAN team/partners team and gather the necessary information for reporting and compliance on DESFERS project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or closely related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial and administration in an NGO environment.
- Experienced in preparing both Financial and Management accounts.
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management.
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong Audit background.
- Sound knowledge about financial and administrative requirements for public financing opportunities.
- At least 2 years’ experience in programs with EU-DEVCO funding.
- Proven experience managing teams in multi-country settings, with remote management components.
- Fluency written and oral communication skills in French, English desirable.
- The position will be based in Milan (Italy).
What we offer:
- Annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon candidate’s experience and the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- 23 days of holiday per year.
Plan International is committed to safeguarding of children and young people and all its employees act in accordance with this commitment.
How to Apply
The candidates must send application (personal CV updated) and motivational/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference PM-DESFERS-20.