Fondazione AVSI sta selezionando un/a Monitoring , Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Iraq, Tunisia, Siria, Giordania. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 23/02/2020
Monitoring , Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager – Iraq, Tunisia, Siria, Giordania
Duty Station: Beirut (Lebanon) with frequent mission to AVSI MENA Countries (Jordan, Iraq, Tunisia, Syria)
Starting date: ASAP
1st (counselor) – Regional Program Director
2nd – Regional manager
Objective: The AVSI MENA Region Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager is a key position for program quality assurance, accountability, documentation and learning. The position holder will support program in planning and execution of monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring quality in accordance with accepted standards, providing essential feedback for learning, accountability and decision making. S/he will be responsible for providing internal capacity building for program staff on monitoring and evaluation activities as well as review and development of necessary tools that feed into the needs of the program and its donor.
Strategy and Vision
- Generate, modify and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, policies, procedures and tools;
- Support the generation of learning and case studies for internal and external sharing;
- Keep abreast of development in program and changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results;
- Coordinate internal and external assessments, evaluations and monitoring surveys in areas of operation. This will entail development of Scopes of Work, development of survey tools, loading of tools onto tablets, training and management of data collectors, data analysis, report writing and facilitating results discussions;
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and projects both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish;
- He/She will be responsible for modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report and record physical progress for the program and its donor;
- Lead all MEAL initiatives for assigned projects including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and informing staff capacity building initiatives;
- Draft and lead the finalization of all MEAL donor reporting requirements, including monthly M&E reports and quarterly program narrative reports;
- Maintain an up to date database that reflects progress (including disaggregated beneficiary counts) and donor indicators, in line with both organizational standards and the donor’s database;
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by program and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Provide technical, supervisory and other support roles to M&E Officers in each country of the MENA region;
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent MENA system, and facilitate periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring information that feeds into programming and learning at the country and regional level.
Influence & Representation
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to credit AVSI;
- Maintain professional relationships with local government officials, private sector partners, NGOs, other development organizations, and civil society organizations.
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of data analysis and report writing
- Strong knowledge (theory and practice) of survey design, including sampling strategies adapted for areas with limited access and demographic data
- Aptitude for field work, including frequent redeployment to different bases
- Adroit at problem solving and inventive
- Proactive, capable at working autonomously and with a sense of urgency when needed
- Able to show leadership and act as a mentor
- Capable of dealing diplomatically and communicating with people from different walks of life
- Respect of deadlines and colleagues.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work autonomously and support (possibly coordinate) multiple project at the sometime
- Respect of the mission, vision and values of AVSI
Required technical knowledge and Experience
Studies entailing Quantitative Analysis, possibly in the field of economic
Work experience (at least 7 years):
- Proven professional experience in the field of project planning, M&E or applied research
- Experience in the development and adjustment to local context of survey questionnaires
- Experience in qualitative evaluation, participatory planning, stakeholder analysis
- Experience in database development and management
- Experience of socio-economic analysis of subsistence farming and/or informal economy
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
How to apply: send your CV by email to email@example.com
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
- First date of availability to take up place in the field.