Project Manager “Health Waste Management and Recycling in North East Syria – Supporting municipalities and health facilities” – Iraq
Position Title: Project Manager
Period: Beginning of March 2020 – End of December 2020 (TBC by May 2020)
Closing date of the vacancy: 22nd March 2020
Starting date of the project: April 2020
In the particular context of Syria’s armed conflict, the new local institutions in northeast Syria (NES) are striving to protect and guarantee fundamental human and social rights (such as the right to life, the right to health and welfare, the right to fair and just working conditions) and to provide basic services to the local and displaced population in the region.
One of the challenges identified and prioritized is the improvement of waste management at local and regional level: on the one hand, the safe and sustainable management of hazardous health care waste and, on the other hand, the strengthening of the capacities of local institutions for the improvement of solid waste management.
The project’s implementation should carry out in two ways:
– Consolidation and expansion of the health care waste management system in some health care facilities by relevant stakeholders.
– Strengthening local institutional capacities to enable the implementation of a sustainable waste management model with the principles of circular and green economy.
The project works with a focus on rights, gender, diversities, sustainability and governance, elements necessary to ensure a positive impact on the territory.
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per is looking for a Senior Project Manager that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
– Setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
– Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
– Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
– Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
– Ensure, together with the administrative office, the overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
– Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
– Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
– Performing any other task relevant to the project and position assigned by the Head of Mission and the Relevant Desk Officer.
– University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Development, International Cooperation, Economics, Business Administration etc.);
– At least 4 years of professional experience in development/humanitarian project management;
– Proved previous experience in the Livelihood and Early Recovery sector (including in microgrants management, micro-business development, social enterprises with gender approach);
– Experience in managing the administrative procedures of main international donors;
– Required excellent oral and written English and Arabic language;
– Working experience and proven capacities in coordination with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others) and women’s groups;
– Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting;
– Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives;
– Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work, working under pressure and matching deadlines;
– Proactive attitude and Team working skills;
– Excellent computer literacy skills;
– Excellent Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference; “Environment Project Manager – NES” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.