Realizzazione video animazione – Italia
AIDOS cerca consulente/i per la realizzazione di quattro video di animazione su mutilazioni genitali femminili e norme sociali.
Terms of Reference
Production of 4 animation videos
The Italian Association for Women in Development (AIDOS) is a non-governmental organisation working for women’s rights, dignity and freedom of choice.
In the framework of the “Building Bridges between Africa and Europe to tackle FGM – Phase II” project, financed by the UNFPA/UNICEF Joint Program on FGM, AIDOS seeks the following service: production of four (4) animation videos of about 4 minutes each.
The Overall goal of the project is to: increase the effectiveness of actions against female genital mutilation (FGM) and improve the living conditions of girls and women in Africa and Europe by building bridges between young people from the civil society organisations (CSOs), professionals (media, health, psycho-social, etc.) and communities from targeted African countries and migrant communities in Europe.
The specific objective of this Activity is to develop multimedia products related to the Social Norms and Change Manual that facilitate the learning process and support the UNFPA/UNICEF Joint Programme in disseminating knowledge in different settings.
Objective of the video
The four videos will be used as tools for capacity building and are meant as a complement to UNFPA Manual on Social Norms and Change, and specifically to the four main modules of the Manual updated version that will be completed in 2020:
- module 1, Dynamics of Social Norms: FGM/C
- module 2, From Gender Inequality to Shared Positive Social Norms
- module 3, Effective Legislative Reform in Situations Calling for Social Change
- module 4, Seven Common Patterns and Transformative Elements for Change
Scope of Work and Specific Tasks
Based on the Manual and the guidance of AIDOS the consultant(s) will:
- Develop concepts, scripts and storyboards for the 4 videos, based on the Manual on Social Norms and Change, with a conductive approach aimed at capacity building
- Deliver the master animation in mp4 / mov format 1080p resolution including voices over and royalty free audio/music track
- Include the subtitles in English, titles, relevant credits and logos and agreed layout style
- Finalize the videos as according to the feedback received from AIDOS
Four (4) animation videos in English subtitled in English of about 4 minutes each
Rights of ownership of all animation content is to be delivered to AIDOS.
The assignment is to be launched in May 2020 and expected to finish by the end of November 2020: i.e. 7 months.
Required Skills and Experience
The consultant(s) will have a proven track record of animation, video editing and design. Ability to develop concept to production transforming it to best practice communicative visuals.
The ideal candidate(s):
- Must be a creative thinker with experience matching visuals to text
- Must be able to work, read, communicate in a fluent English
- Can adapt changes easily
- Has experience in working with NGOs, development organizations
- Has the ability to produce high quality content on tight deadlines
- Has excellent planning and organizational skills
- Has some knowledge about female genital mutilation, social norms and gender equality
Past experience in educational/informative animations is a plus.
Proven experience in producing videos with a gender perspective and/or on gender issue is also a plus.
Proposals will be evaluated based on technical aspects (70%) and financial aspects (30%).
Technical aspects include:
- Experience in producing animated video for social purposes, particularly on gender issues in development context, 20%
- Gender sensitivity in previous production (such as gender mainstreaming in terms of storytelling, visual, etc.), 20%
- Quality of the concept note, 20%
- Proven capacity to work in English, 10%
The lowest financial offer, considered technically eligible, will receive 30% of the financial score. The remaining eligible offers, that are more expansive, will be awarded 5% less score for the financial offer.
Selected candidate(s) will sign an agreement with AIDOS and will receive 3 payments upon reception and validation from AIDOS of agreed deliverables (such as: story board, script, music, video, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following (either in English or Italian) to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the title of the position in the subject by the 5th of May 2020:
- Concept for the four videos (max 1 page, overall concept for the project explaining how the subjects will be delivered)
- A link to 3 previous works/productions
- Proposed budget including all costs for the production of the video (such as rental of equipment, external consultancies, subtitling, voice over, music, etc.)
Possible questions may be addressed to email@example.com, the answers will be published on AIDOS website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.