UPP – Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Senior Project Manager – CSOs Capacity building da inserire nella sua operatività per gestire da remoto le attività in Iraq. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 03/05/2020
Senior Project Manager | CSOs Capacity building – da remoto/Iraq
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Erbil / Mosul / Basra
Period: 1 year with 3 months probation period, and possibility of renewal for 3 consecutive years
Closing date of the vacancy: 3rd March 2020
Starting date of the project: May 2020 (possible remote work for the one or two months per COVID 19 lockdown)
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte per… started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels. The main UPP offices in Iraq are in Erbil and Baghdad.
This project, funded by the European Union for 3 years and 6 months, aims to strengthening the capacity of the organizations of Iraqi civil society (National NGOs) in three locations: Erbil, Mosul and Basra. Three capacity-building centers will be created in the titled locations and used to deliver trainings, workshops and seminars to teach to NNGOs how to properly apply for, manage and report international funds independently, as well as to support their operational capacity, set up transparent internal procedures and protocols, and increase their advocacy potential with local stakeholders towards local authorities, to promote human and environmental rights. The PM will be based in Erbil, with frequent travels to Mosul and Basra.
Learn more at: www.unponteper.it
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per is looking for a Senior Project Manager that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
– Setting up and supervising the performance management plan for the project in close co-operation
with the key project and HQs staff;
– Developing a training curriculum for the different NNGOs involved spanning from PCM, strategic planning,
governance, accountability (development principles, policies and systems) to advocacy and campaigning
methodologies and tools, tailored according to the local context, understanding and needs and in consultation
with the experts at mission and HQs level;
– Provide training on project cycle management- related topics;
– Actively contribute to the Sub-Grant Making process to NNGOs/CSOs(tools, evaluation, scoring, award,
reporting review, final evaluation on impacts);
– Be knowledgeable on the topics taken to the NNGOs and CSOs and stay available for continuous orientation
and tutoring to project partner and to beneficiary NNGOs and CSOs throughout the project life cycle;
– Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators and the PMP;
– Ensure provided results of the project are creatively and extensively exploited locally and internationally;
– Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
– Planning the project expenditure (procurement table included) and ensuring the compliance of expenditure
of budgets with donor requirements;
– Ensure, together with the administrative office, the overall management, control and oversight of financial
and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
– Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
– Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
– Performing any other task relevant to the project and position assigned by the Head of Mission and the Desk Officer.
– University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Political Science, Education, Economics,
Development, International Relations, etc.).
– At least 4 years of professional experience in development/humanitarian project management
– Required excellent oral and written English
– Knowledge of the administrative procedures set out by the main institutional donors (EU, UN agencies etc)
– Knowledge of standards and literature in human and environmental rights, policy-making, humanitarian and
development principles, accountability, governance, advocacy and campaigning;
– Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others) or managing consortium of
– Excellent command and understanding of the project life cycle management from need assessment to
– Previous experience in empowering capacity building and/or training programs for adults: development of
training curriculum, training needs assessment.
– Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
– Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
– Team working skills and proactive attitude
– Excellent computer literacy skills
– Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
– Written and spoken Arabic language is an asset
– Previous experience in capacity building programs for groups of adults related to the topics of PCM,
incorporation of CSOs, Not for profit Management, Accountability, Development and Humanitarian
– Previous experience in advocacy and campaigning
– Previous work experience in EU funded projects.
– Previous experience in managing sub-grants
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference; “CSO PM – Iraq” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.