Health Adviser – Italia
I. CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM is working in Italy since the end of 2015 with a health and psychosocial programme for migrants arrived in Calabria. In the last two years, MdM established a collaboration with UNICEF aiming to increase opportunities for UASCs to have access to social inclusion as well to strengthen the capacity of the frontline workers (operators, psychologists, lawyers, police, guardians etc.). Since January 2018 a program is in place to support access to health for migrants and refugees in Rome and Lazio, with particular attention to those who live in informal camps or occupations. responding to changes in context and subsequently to the analysis of the main needs, in 2019 MdM Italy mission focused to enhance the GBV prevention and response service for migrants in particular for women, minors and young adults in three target area selected in Sicily, Calabria and Lazio through a consolidate partnership with UNICEF
II. HUMAN RESOURCES OF THE MISSION
• A general coordination: General Coordinator, Medical Coordinator, Administrative and Logistic coordinator, Advocacy manager – based in Rome.
• Programme team: Programme managerand one mobile team composed by 1 psychologist, 1 social worker, 1 health adviser and mediators in one target area (Lazio) and Rome
• One mobile team composed as well by similar professional figures in charge of the programme in Sicily and Calabria
III. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide technical support on Médecins du Monde, Italy Mission GBV programme for minors, women and young adults migrants.
Duties and responsibility
– Contribute to development of the programme team workplan and objectives; and ensure the activities assigned are implemented according to the set objectives
– Support the development of the mapping of the health and social services for GBV survivors such as counseling center, antiviolence centres, SRH (consultori), health professionals, hospitals (ER room that receive gbv survivors), teams working in the center, etc.in the identified area.
– Conduct the Training Needs assessment on health (including Covid-19)and GBV issues of frontline responders, (like service providers for GBV survivors and unaccompanied children, operators of centers for asylum seekers, police, translators/cultural mediators/interpreters and other frontline workers) in coordination with the programme team;
– Support the development the GBV referral pathway in the target area and its dissemination;
– Contribute to organize training for GBV service providers (health professionals, police, doctors, social workers and Psychologists) based on needs assessment results; Develop agenda, identified external trainee etc.
– Develop and conduct training module for operators of selected reception centers on health support for GBV survivors to guarantee appropriate case management and referral and on GBV prevention among target population.
– Develop and conduct raising awareness session for target population (women minors and young adults migrants) on health (SRH, GBV, Covid 19, etc..) in collaboration with psychologist and social worker of
– Organise, implement and follow up the training session
– Provide regular data on health activity implemented for reporting purpose and when it is requested;
– The consultant will provide a report on the achievement of the output set at the beginning of the month and timesheet
– Maintain good socio-professional relationships with partners and beneficiaries;
– Attending meetings with local institutions, INGO, etc. when it is requested;
IV. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
– Bachelor or similar degree nurse or medical.
– At least 4 years of experience in the same position, preferable in Lazio Region.
– Proven experience in developing and conducting training for frontline workers, health professionals, on migrants’ health and in particular on SRH and GBV prevention and care.
– Experience in carrying out raising awareness informative and group sessions with the target population (migrant women, young adults and minors)
– Working experience in migration sector and with international organizations is an asset.
– Knowledge of the Lazio context is highly desirable.
– Good knowledge of Windows (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
– English and French are desirable
– Personal qualities: Very strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, network-builder, flexible, team player, time-management skills, able to handle pressure well and capability to take initiatives
You are committed to MdM values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
MdM reserves the right to withdraw the position in case of lack of funding.
How to apply:
Please only apply if you meet the minimum requirements. Please send your CV + Cover letter with subject: “Health Adviser” to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview