TEFL Teacher – Grecia
Role: TEFL teacher
Location: Samos, Greece
Direct Supervisor: Samos Educational Manager
Contract : Minimum 6 months, 1 year preferred.
Still I Rise, an international NGO that works on the development and implementation of humanitarian projects aimed at the education and support of refugee children and teenagers, is looking for a TEFL Teacher to join its current staff.
The selected person will join the Education Department and will be responsible for teaching a diverse population of eager students in a transient educational environment.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The TEFL Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities.
The student population lives in the hotspot refugee camp on the island of Samos in Greece. Still I Rise runs education programs within Mazi, our youth center, which serves nearly 150 refugee students aged 12-17 years. Following COVID-19 guidelines, our center provides classes on a rotation with small numbers and following safety protocols.
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative language lessons for a diverse class of 12-17 year olds.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with Educational Manager
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the Educational Manager
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to contribute to the development of the existing academic curriculum, working independently and as a part of the team
- Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with Educational Manager and Head of Child Protection
- Professional Development: Attend trainings and professional development meetings
- Native knowledge of the English language written and oral
- Minimum age of 23 years
- CELTA or TEFL English Teaching Certification preferred, Bachelors in Education or equivalent language instruction experience considered
- At least one year experience as a TEFL instructor
- Completion of CRB/background check;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Determined team player
- Experience teaching children, teenagers and/or unaccompanied minors
- Experience working with refugee populations
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Knowledge of Greek and/or Italian at any level
Shared accommodation will be provided a short distance by foot to the school. Additionally, we provide approximately 300 euros monthly to cover day-to-day costs. Contract type subject to vary dependent on citizenship within/outside of the EU.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
Testing and a two-week quarantine is required before start. Details are available upon request.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, the authorisation
to process personal data, and a cover letter by emailing:
email@example.com and specifying the object “TEFL TEACHER”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.