Senior Administrator – Iraq
Position Title: Senior Administrator
Period: 1 year with 3 months probation period, and possible renewal
Closing date of the vacancy: 10th August, 2020
Starting date of the project: August/September 2020
Context presentation: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Un Ponte Per works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organisations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions.
For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per is looking for one Senior Administrator that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
– Coordinate projects financial management ensuring UPP and donors financial requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner whilst assessing potential risks.
– Support registration of all the expenses according to UPP and donor procedures.
– Prepare financial documents and reports for HQ and donors ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial rules set within the given deadlines.
– Support UPP Project Managers in the administration of the project, especially in the financial management, including local staff contracts definition, cashbook management and updating, bank reconciliation, procurements and financial reporting according to donor’s rules.
– Support the PMs in the preparation of the budget new proposals with specific inputs on the budgets.
– University degree in administration or equivalent working experience
– At least 3 years professional work experience in finance in NGOs
– Experience of financial reporting and grant management with a range of external donors using Excel and administrative software
– Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines
– Effective financial management skills and knowledge of finance systems and procedures
– Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
– Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel
– Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
– Determined and committed to high quality standards
– Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and professional approach
– Excellent oral and written English and Italian
– Ability to travel in the Middle East with the same ability of a Western European passport owner. Ability to travel in Europe.
– Experience in main donors funded project (EU, UN, USAID, AICS etc.).
– Experience in Emergency projects management.
– Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
– Knowledge of Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference “Admin Iraq- Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. Please apply with just one email. In case you are interested in more than one position, please indicate your preferred order. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please name the files attached to your application as follow: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc. Note: Due to the urgency of this position Un Ponte Per reserves the right to screen applications on a rolling basis.