Marketing & Fundraising Intern – Italia
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible fundraising adventure!
At Street Child, we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia. We are currently looking for an Italian native speaker to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred internship duration is 6 months; however shorter durations can be discussed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are some examples of your responsibilities but you will spend 60% of your time on the first 2 tasks:
- Fundraising research: find new funding prospects including trusts, foundations and major donors in Italy, and contact them.
- Foundations proposal writing: write funding proposals for trusts and foundations using knowledge of previous, current and upcoming Street Child projects.
- Marketing and Communications: promote local and international events, update the website, manage digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
- Volunteer coordination: manage the existing volunteer base and help recruit new volunteers to the network
- Business development: build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
- Event management: support planned events and develop new ideas.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+. As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause.
Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practice different languages.
After your internship, you will have the optional opportunity to apply for our International Volunteering Program where you will contribute to Street Child’s activities in the field and see first hand the impact our work has on children and families!
- Key characteristics: Self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
- Areas of university studies: include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
- Skills: excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email. A native Italian level and professional English skills are required. Spanish is a plus. Knowledge of the web, social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
Providing a letter of recommendation from a previous professional experience is a plus
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own notebook to work from.
How to apply:
Please, click on this link [https://www.street-child.ch/application-internship], fill in the form and send a CV and a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted by our recruitment coordinator shortly.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!