Capo Progetto North East Syria – Siria
CONTEXT PRESENTATION: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Un Ponte Per works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organizations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions.
For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
Entering year 9 of the Syria crisis, conflict continues to expose civilians to acute humanitarian needs in health, WASH, Shelter, NFI and protection. In North East Syria (NES) widespread displacement, destruction of basic services and increased exposure to protection risks is on-going. In response, UPP and its local partners are running since 2017 a humanitarian Action in the health sector focused on providing timely and quality emergency and primary health care for the most vulnerable population affected by the conflict (camps and out of camps).
Through this intervention, UPP aims to ameliorate living conditions and save lives of war-affected persons in NES. The Action will improve safe and equal access to primary health care and to ambulance referral system, together with health and protection prevention and community outreach. The Action provides support to 5 primary health care facilities and to a NES-wide Emergency Management Coordination Center for ambulance referrals management.
The planned outcome is to improve the health status of the conflict-affected population with a view of building the capacity of local actors and the resilience of communities in NES.
Project Officer – North East Syria – 12 months, from October 2020 –
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Un Ponte Per is looking for a Project Officer who will be responsible of the following major tasks:
– Supporting the PM in setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
– Supporting the PM and the M&E Officer in monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
– Supporting the PM in ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
– Supporting the PM and the Administrative staff in planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
– Supporting the PM and the Administrative staff in ensuring the overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP and organizational systems and instructions;
– Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
– Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
– Performing any other task relevant to the project and position, assigned by the PM, the Head of Mission and the Desk Officer.
– University degree
– 3 years professional experience in humanitarian project management
– Minimum of 2 years of field experience
– Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting actions
– Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
– Excellent knowledge of the guidelines set out by main donors
– Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others)
– Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work, working under pressure and matching deadlines
– Experience of writing project proposals
– Team working skills
– Reporting skills
– Excellent computer literacy skills
– Proactive attitude
– Excellent oral and written English
– Ability to travel in the Region and in Europe with the same ability of an Italian passport owner.
– Experience in management of main institutional donors funded projects.
– Familiarity with Emergency related projects and tools.
– Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
– Knowledge of Arabic and/or Italian.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference; “Project Officer – NES” in the subject line of your email application. Please name the files attached to your application as follows: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.