Meal Manager North East Syria and Iraq – Siria
CONTEXT PRESENTATION: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Un Ponte Per works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organizations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions.
For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
Entering year 9 of the Syria crisis, conflict continues to expose civilians to acute humanitarian needs in health, WASH, Shelter, NFI and protection. In North East Syria (NES) widespread displacement, destruction of basic services and increased exposure to protection risks is on-going. In response, UPP and its local partners are running since 2017 a humanitarian Action in the health sector focused on providing timely and quality emergency and primary health care for the most vulnerable population affected by the conflict (camps and out of camps).
Through this intervention, UPP aims to ameliorate living conditions and save lives of war-affected persons in NES. The Action will improve safe and equal access to primary health care and to ambulance referral system, together with health and protection prevention and community outreach. The Action provides support to 5 primary health care facilities and to a NES-wide Emergency Management Coordination Center for ambulance referrals management.
The planned outcome is to improve the health status of the conflict-affected population with a view of building the capacity of local actors and the resilience of communities in NES.
MEAL Manager – North East Syria and Iraq – 12 months, from October 2020 – main project activities: Health; Protection Mainstreaming
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission , in coordination with Project Managers (PMs) and with UPP and implementing partners’ staff and field teams, the MEAL Manager is responsible of the development and implementation of MEAL strategies, tools and standards needed to improve UPP actions’ effectiveness, quality and accountability.
Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the following major tasks:
– Manage and implement integrated data management and M&E systems in line with project and programme specific requirements. Review data collection tools and systems, making sure the data collected feeds into programmatic decisions, and ensuring adaptive management
– Oversee data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators
– Develops and ensures correct implementation of Action’s MEAL Plan, providing guidance and technical support to the MEAL Officers/Assistants;
– Establishes monitoring systems to reinforce the program’s progress including specific data collection methods for gender and vulnerable populations;
– Oversee AAP (Accountability to Affected Population) activities, including community feedback and complaints response mechanism (CRM) in coordination with field teams and consortium counterparts;
– Supports program evaluation plan including mid-term, real time and final evaluation;
– In coordination with MEAL field team and PMs, conducts a review of projects’ MEAL plans;
– Supports the PM in the submission of monthly reports to HQ, and to quarterly and final report to the donor;
– Coordinates with program teams on internal harmonization of M&E plans;
– Leads in operational decision making to manage the various components of the program’s M&E plan;
– Supports PM in response to donors or HQ requests and/or changes in the operating environment to update or revise expectations as necessary;
– Lead and coordinate the design, implementation and data analysis of needs’ assessments and researches, and to the drafting of assessments and donor reports;
– Conducts regular data quality assessment in line with UPP and donor requirements;
– Provides training in M&E to UPP and partner teams in data collection, analysis.
– Manage a team of MEAL, IM and FCRM Officers, and ensure close coordination with implementing partner’s MEAL Team.
– At least 2 years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities for NGOs and at least 1 year of field-based experience
– Bachelor degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
– At least 2 years of experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
– Experience in working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, including impact evaluation;
– Experience working in an M&E role on humanitarian emergency programs;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel, KoBo and other data management systems; – Excellent oral and written English;
– Minimum of two years of overseas field-based experience;
– Ability and willingness to travel in the Middle East;
– Proven ability in working with autonomy and independence.
– Knowledge of donors’ monitoring standards (ECHO, UN, USAID, AICS etc.). – Experience in MEAL for health and/or protection mainstreaming.
– Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
– Knowledge of Arabic, Kurmanji and/or Italian.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com . Please reference “MEAL – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please name the files attached to your application as follows: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc. Note: Due to the urgency of this position Un Ponte Per reserves the right to screen applications on a rolling basis.