Meal Expert USAID Project – Italia
Duty Station: A constant presence at the VIS office is not required but some moments in presence and in the field must be guaranteed. VIS Headquarters are in Rome.
Starting date: October 2020
Duration: 15 months, part-time position
Reporting to: Project Manager
Application to: email@example.com, Subject: MEAL Expert. Please send CV, cover letter and at least 2 contacts for references. Deadline: September 30th
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General context of the project
The Goal of the Project “U.S. Public Diplomacy Salesian emergency and recovery response project to Covid-19 in Italy” is to promote the U.S. values of international cooperation, inclusivity, and social cohesion and express the goodwill and generosity of the American people while mitigating the harmful effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on vulnerable populations in Italy. The Purpose of the Project is to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable groups in the areas of education, food security, and protection.
The Public Diplomacy Response and Recovery Project to COVID-19 in Italy is a cross-sectorial approach based on three main components:
1.stay@ctive campaign: web-based toolkit of learning resources. This campaign will disseminate educational and encouraging digital resources to families with young children and to the public.
2.ICT-based Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)education. The project will deliver ICT-based TVET educational modules to students.
3.#noicis(t)iamo: basic household needs and mental health support. The Project will distribute Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and food baskets to marginalized groups including refugees, migrants, impoverished families, and the elderly
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Elaboration of and M&E system and of a project monitoring manual to be shared and with project partners;
- Elaboration of toolkit for project monitoring and primary (individual surveys, KYI, FGD, et.) and secondary data collection;
- Aggregation, triangulation, analysis and dissemination of collected data concerning monitoring project activities, even though field monitoring missions conduction and data sharing with management department with the objective of re-adjusting project strategy if needed,
- Coordination of project partner staff appointed for data collection and internal monitoring of project activities;
- Update baseline project if needed and in case re-direct indicators accordingly, elaborate project endline;
- Elaborate monitoring project reports scheduled and collaborate for mid and final narrative reports formulation;
- Data collection and analysis of the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) and monitoring of gender-based indicator
- Maintain direct discussions with the Contracting Authority if needed and/or with all the project partner involved concerning all the aspects related to monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Elaborate a final evaluation report in coherence with donor criteria and USAID MEAL parameters.
University Degree obtained at least 5 years ago
At least 5 year of working experience in the development cooperation sector, out of which 3 as MEAL expert
Preferably a post-degree education in the international development sector with a special focus on PCM and MEAL. A working experience with USAID and with project international donor-based will be considered as added-value.
Italian Mother tongue and Fluent English (speaking and writing)
Partnership management, excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.