Coordinatore Programma – Zimbabwe
POSITION: Programme Coordinator
DUTY STATION: The duty station is Harare
STARTING DATE: January – February 2021
DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 15/12/2020
The candidate is expected to:
• Coordinate and enhance the Cosv strategy in Zimbabwe
• Supervising the action “Value chain Alliance for Livestock Upgrading and Empowerment (VALUE)”
• Ensure an efficient and effective overall management (technical, organizational, administrative) of the Cosv in Zimbabwe. In particular:
– Manage and supervise the on-going project;
– Manage the financial resources: verification of the interim reports and fund requests, budget revisions, cost-no cost extension and other inquiries to the donors; procurement procedures, etc;
• Build and maintain relevant relationships with the local authorities, local and international partners and other actors.
• Develop a fruitful collaboration with governmental institutions, local authorities and other actors and partners that play a key-role in projects implementation with the specific purpose of setting the basis for new projects opportunities in the area;
• Build and maintain relevant relationships with Italian partners and public/private stakeholders/potential donors both in Italy, abroad and on the field.
• At least 5 years of management experience in International Development Cooperation;
• Substantial experience working in Africa and Zimbabwe with a particular and solid understanding of its history, cultural, economic, institutional and political features;
• Contributing to the growth of the activity in the country through the creation of new business/project opportunities and the creation of solid and profitable business relations with key stakeholders in Zimbabwe, Italy and EU;
• Proactive aptitude in building and managing partnerships with different bodies and institutions (including profit organizations); strong experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations and donors at senior level;
• Languages: Proficiency in English is a must.
• Ability to process and writing new proposals with high quality standard;
• Administrative and report writing skills (financial and technical reporting);
• Strong leadership skills and previous experience in team building and conflict resolution. Strong facilitation and negotiating skills.
• Previous experience in managing Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and EU funded projects and sound knowledge of procedures and financing programs will be considered an asset;
• First class communication skills both in English and Italian;
• Track record in developing profitable business relations in the above-mentioned countries;
To apply, please send your updated CV and motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com.
Please specify in the object: Programme Coordinator ZIMB_IC
Application deadline: 15/12/2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.