MEAL Country Manager – Libano
Position: MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Country Manager
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with a 2-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people (2019).
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
As part of this work, TDH IT has developed a MEAL Department, and is now looking for a MEAL Country Manager.
The MEAL Country Manager will be responsible of:
- Design and develop the MEAL Country strategy and Guidelines to ensure that all the components (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) are performed at country level
- Manage and develop the whole MEAL system and mechanism at country level, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and the effective dissemination of the evaluation findings
- Design the MEAL plan for each project and area, in coordination with the MEAL Managers, in compliance with the projects Logframes, donors’ requirements, the sectoral regulation and the international standards
- Design and develop MEAL tools and SOPs to be adopted at country level, with the support of the MEAL Managers, in order to ensure that all the MEAL activities and mechanism are harmonized in all the areas of intervention
- Supervise the technical development of the existing data collection platform in order to be used at country level in all the area of intervention
- Perform data quality checking and data analysis on regular basis
- Finalize monthly reports and analysis reports (including need assessment) at country level, according to the reporting deadlines and the Delegation needs
- Provide evidence-based recommendations and trend analysis at country level, in order to actively support program implementation, donor reporting, planning and programming as well as proposal writing
- Provide continuous capacity building and training to the MEAL staff on data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting
- Technical management and support of the MEAL Managers in order to ensure that the MEAL activities are performed according to the Guidelines, SOPs and Plans and so to ensure the quality of data and reports
- Operational and technical management of the Data Management office
- Regularly chair technical meetings with the MEAL staff and coordinate across different Department, areas and component to ensure an effective MEAL implementation
- Regularly attend, on behalf of TDH IT, sector/cluster and inter-agency meetings
- Design and plan external evaluation or any relevant consultancies
- Regular review of the M&E Framework (including Guidelines and SOPs) in place on the basis of the lessons learned and the feed backs from the M&E activities and staff and from the Consortium Area Managers
- Harmonize monitoring and evaluation tools, mechanisms and practices in the areas of the Consortium’s operations
- Designing and regularly update guidelines, tools and SOPs aimed to assess the needs, monitor the project activities against the project Logframe and evaluate the outcome and impact of the intervention
- Ensure that activities and their monitoring are implemented in compliance with the project M&E guidelines, SOPs and project Logframe
- Supervise and support the Data Manager in developing, reviewing and improving the online data collection system
- Training M&E officers and Area Managers on M&E tools and data analysis/interpretation
- Regularly provide monitoring and analysis report to support decision making, advocacy and donor reporting
- Perform program quality assessment such as: data quality audits, partners capacity assessments, mid-term and final reviews, field monitoring and evaluations
- Attending PLC and PSC meetings
- Conducting regular field visits in all the area of intervention and produce the related monitoring report
- Drafting the TOR for the external evaluation and submit it to the Consortium PLC for validation, as well as providing support to the evaluator field visit
- Participate in the field visits of the donors and representing the consortium in respect to M&E activities and outcomes
Position Reports to: Country Delegate
Technical reference/Indirect Reporting: Child Protection Program Manager, Education Program Manager, Technical Advisors.
Collaborates with: MEAL Managers, CP expert, Training Coordinator, Project Managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Logistics and Supply Chain Department
Internal: other members of TDH IT programs in the field
External: Donors, local partners –Other NGOs/INGOs, and SDCs
Education / Training
- University Degree in Management, Cooperation for Development or similar relevant degrees
- Perfect acquaintance with main donors’ procedures and requirements in terms of MEAL (EU, UNICEF, OCHA, AICS)
- Proven ability to use statistical software packages and main tools for data collection
- At least 5 years of professional experience with humanitarian organizations in designing, implementing, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating interventions focused on Education, Protection, PSS
- Demonstrated experience in database design and other information management tools
- Proficiency in MS Office Access, Excel, Word processing, Power Point
- Proven technical ability and experience in survey design, sampling methodologies, data analytics and statistical analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Arabic is an asset
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is a strong asset
Knowledge & skills and Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, ability to capacity build others
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of TDH IT
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with child protection cases
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization.
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 03-2020
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 30th of October 2020. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.