COSV – Coordinamento delle Organizzazioni per il Servizio Volontario sta selezionando un/a Knowledge & Learning Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano . Durata 12 mesi mesi. Scadenza candidature 15/02/2021
POSITION: Knowledge & Learning Manager
Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
Duration: 12 months, renewable.
Line Manager: COSV Programme Coordinator
Starting date: February 2021
Deadline for submission: 15/02/2021
The assignment is based in Beirut (Lebanon) at COSV Regional Office. It aims to build knowledge and capacity, and to forge partnerships to meet the development challenges of the region. It also aims to capture and spread development successes and best practices in the region and to improve the impact of COSV work through effective communications and advocacy. As such, emphasis is on the “know how”, supporting the knowledge exchange inside the organization to ensure that good practices are applied, experiences are shared and that organization staff members are connected to each other.
The Knowledge & Learning Manager will work under the guidance of the Programme Coordinator of COSV. His/her main objective is to support the practices with knowledge management activities, including coordinating experts and ensuring supporting tools are in place. In addition, in his/her capacity as learning manager, he/she also coordinates and manages learning activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of the Knowledge Management strategy/project
• Manage the regional knowledge management strategy.
• Identify new areas and analyze existing knowledge management support in the programme and its activities.
• Provide advice to Programme staff in integrating knowledge management into the programme and support activities, including strategies, expert involvement, communication.
• Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through strengthened knowledge products.
• Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the organization.
• Support Programme staff in integrating KM in all aspects of their operations.
Project Management, KM monitoring and Reporting
• Review and monitor the KM activities in the concept of project management cycle.
• Prepare KM and management analytical reports.
Implementation of learning needs assessment and learning of Programme staff
• Coordinate and monitor learning and KM activities in COSV Regional Office.
• Support individual staff with learning initiatives, plans and learning goals.
• Identify, plan and organize learning activities for Programme staff.
• Handle all coordination in the scope of COSV learning system.
• Assess learning and knowledge management needs, and create methodology and approaches for extracting knowledge from programs implementation processes
Demonstrates integrity by adhering to COSV values and ethical standards.
• Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of COSV.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Shares knowledge and experience.
• Encourages the Programme staff to share the knowledge.
• Promotes a learning environment in the office.
• Demonstrates strong coaching/mentoring skills, regularly providing helpful feedback and advice to Programme staff.
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Management and Leadership
Focuses on impact and results.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communications skills.
• Builds strong relationships with COSV and Programme actors
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
• Education: University degree (Masters) in social, communications, or related field.
• Minimal working experience of 3 years in knowledge management, communication, network facilitation or related field
• Good Knowledge of the recent context in the Middle East Region
• Experience in Development related projects
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS office), experience in handling of web-based tools for knowledge management.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Full proficiency in the English language, knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
To apply, please send your updated CV with references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and a motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please specify in the subject: Knowledge Manager_SC
Application deadline: 15/02/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.